User Reviews for Plavix

Ischemic Stroke 5 reviews 64 medications

7.4
Percutaneous Coronary Intervention 1 reviews 4 medications

Transient Ischemic Attack 0 reviews 60 medications

Acute Coronary Syndrome, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 63 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Plavix reviews 34 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Plavix

For Heart Attack "my creatine level went from 6 to 9 after only 4 months of use. DO NOT USE FOR A PATIENT WITH CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES."

normWEST August 14, 2015

For Ischemic Stroke "Problems: Nose bleed Significant Memory Loss and confusion Extreme Constipation"

Danost (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2015

For Platelet Aggregation Inhibition "I've been taking omeprazole for quite a time prior to being prescribed Plavix but NONE of the health professionals involved in my treatment have advised me to cease the Omeprazole even though it's regarded as unwise to. This worries me and I have ceased of my own accord until I can access my GP!"

fortee January 22, 2015

For Heart Attack "Been on Plavix for 3 yrs, since I had a quad CABG surgery. Just had two additional stents put in on January 6, 2015. The first two stents were open no clots, no tissue build up, I do have some bruising but not extensive bleeding when I receive a cut. Thankful to stay alive"

luvliving (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2015

For Heart Attack "I've had 2 stents and have been on Plavix for 12 years and apart from bruising easily and a bit more bleeding then normal it's been good."

borrisbb (taken for 10 years or more) December 26, 2014

For Heart Attack "It was 2 1/2 years now and 14 total stents, Just had my last 3 placed 2 weeks ago. Been on Plavix from the first one, this medicine they say is what is keeping me alive, I am 42 a smoker, and trying to change everything. I feel like I have 3 to 4 heart attacks a day. If not for this medicine I would not be here. Not sure if any real side effects due to my health and other medicines so I feel it has saved my life."

rnrdr68752 April 21, 2014

For Ischemic Stroke "Was using generic clopidogrel and after having nose bleeds etc. Am now back on Plavix and have had no problems since. Will continue to use Plavix. I now receive the Plavix brand thanks to the card I received from the company."

Clifford Churchill July 25, 2013

For Platelet Aggregation Inhibition "A ruptured brain aneurysm; placement of 10 coils and a stent, 75mg Plavix 325mg aspirin. Bruise like a peach and will get 3 dimensional bruising if I hit hard enough. Possibly some dizziness."

Day-Nee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2013

For Ischemic Stroke "I switched from Crestor to Plavix after my doctors guidance and couldnt be happier with results."

Mickey_76 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2013

For Peripheral Arterial Disease "I've been taking Plavix 75 and a baby aspirin for 9 months now after stent placement in the back of my heart. So far no side effects except bruising. I am 65 yrs old, Male with heart disease. Can't take any statins because they cause too much leg muscle pain."

Mike1950 February 8, 2013

For Ischemic Stroke "Fatigue, weakness, bad bruising, bleeding, stomach pain, diarrhea, headache."

11tilt68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2012

For Percutaneous Coronary Intervention "Have been on Plavix since 1/11 following ant. myocardial infarction with stents. Experienced moderate bruising. Have been taking generic medicine for the past 2 months but I am experiencing severe bruising. Will be seeing cardiologist in Oct. to get medically necessary prescription for brand Plavix."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2012

For Heart Attack "I am 30 yrs old, I had a mild heart attack in the first week of May 2012 had 95% blockage. Had stent put in taking 75 mgs of Plavix and aspirin regimen. I bruise really easy but no side effects I know of yet."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 14, 2012

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "2004 single bypass followed by seven stents over 6 years, I've been on Plavix since the start and remain on it today. After 8 years, no problems from the medication. Now at 64 I continue to golf and ride bicycle, all at a moderate pace."

Anonymous July 13, 2012

For Peripheral Arterial Disease "After two stents and medication right leg (least obstructed) improvement in 48 hrs. Left leg pain drastically reduced and mobility returning. Sleeping better. Have been on this medication (with aspirin) for one week. Very optamistic, haven't felt this good in years."

Dustoff February 12, 2012

"I believe Plavix caused me anemia after less than 3 months. No bleeding, inside or out (confirmed by colonoscopy and endoscopy) but severely lowered Fe, Hb, hct levels. Started taking iron; in 15 days anemia disappeared and ENERGY returned in abundance. "

193408 February 5, 2012

For Heart Attack "I have been taking PLAVIX from the day it came on the market because of my unique clotting problem. My heart doctor has me on both PLAVIX and 325 Mg of aspirin once daily. When I developed atrial fibrillation, they put me on warfarin also. Then I started having bleeding problems. They took me off the warfarin and I was fine on the PLAVIX and aspirin, no clot problems encountered."

Timeless September 13, 2011

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Heart Attack "It has helped me a lot as I had a mini stroke not to long ago. It has been a life saver for me."

Anonymous June 2, 2011

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Heart Attack "I have been on Plavix 75mg one a day since September 2008. I have not experienced any problems that I can identify."

Buddy H May 28, 2011

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Heart Attack "I didn't have a heart attack, but was getting ready for one when I had an angiogram and and then had 3 stents put in my right coronary artery. I have been taking Plavix for the last month with no problems. The doctors tell me I will be on Plavix for the rest of my life. At this point in my life (64) I have a cast iron stomach. Because of the aspirin I have been taking for years (perhaps the reason I didn't have a heart attack) I bruise easily and bleed profusely. Different bodies, different results. I'll try to check back in a year and update my experience."

FOOTGOO April 23, 2011

153 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Heart Attack "I was a heavy smoker and ate all the 'bad' foods and then, one year ago this month (April 2011) I had a heart attack. Now, one stent later, and after one year of Plavix, I have had no recurrence. Of course, I also quit smoking (hard to do but I figured my life was worth it), changed my diet (also a hard change to make), and started exercising. I guess I will be on Plavix for the rest of my natural but, thanks to the Plavix, that natural may just be a lot longer than I had hoped for last year. As for side effects. I feel the cold a little more due to the blood thinning properties of Plavix but I don't think I bruise any easier than I used to, and I am not a 'bleeder' so all in all it's good."

Anonymous April 4, 2011

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Don't like the tendency to bruise and bleed but this keeps me alive. Had an ischemic clot in my small intestine and had a bowel resection. Docs found a hole between chambers in my heart that was allowing small clots to circulate. Choices were open heart surgery or go on Plavix and Asprin. Price is a bit steep and keeps going up."

Anonymous January 16, 2011

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Heart Attack "Suffered heart attack 12 years ago, then 2 weeks ago suffered severe angina, got scared went to the ER, they ran tests and told me my arteries were severely clogged, need stents put in me, had the stents put in, they put me on Plavix told me I would be on it for life. Well it's been 3 weeks now on the Plavix, love it, so far no side effects."

jtic January 9, 2011

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Heart Attack "I have been on Plavix for a little over 5 years. It was prescribed by my Cardioligst following a vascular blockage and placement of a stent. Other than bruising and bleeding at the slightest contact, I have had no known side effects. I give Plavix a 10 because I am still kicking at 73."

old geezer January 7, 2011

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Heart Attack "RCA blockage of 95% in 2007. 2 stents (medicated). Took Plavix for 8 months then discontinued on doctor orders. 8 months later I suffered stent thrombosis and the 2 doctors I saw in the hospital seemed surprised I had discontinued Plavix. Another stent was inserted and I have been on Plavix since. I jog or bike at least an hour a day, usually more. My GERD has gotten worse lately and I just switched from Plavix to Effient along with proton pump inhibitors in morning and evening."

Anonymous December 14, 2010

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate