User Reviews for Clobetasol

Also known as: Clobevate, Clobex, Clodan, Cormax, Cormax Scalp, Dermovate, Embeline, Embeline E, Olux, Olux-E, Olux/Olux-E Kit, Temovate, Temovate E, Temovate Emollient

Learn more about Clobetasol.

Clobetasol Review Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 230 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Clobetasol to treat Psoriasis

Clobex (clobetasol): "The spray is amazing...only thing that will clear my scalp...Right now my scalp is in a mess because my insurance will not pay on it and it is $400 for a 4oz bottle...I can't afford that."

karenlynn58 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2015

Clobex (clobetasol): "Clobex for my skin. I can't say enough good things about this spray. I say "spray" because the ointment did nothing. The spray, for some reason is absolutely amazing. One place on my knee where the P wasn't removable with a jackhammer, magically cleared up 99% of the area in less than 1 week. My arms - my chest - EVERYTHING - it's gone. My Psoriasis is gone. I've gone through shampoos. NOW - if I stop using the spray for a week or longer, the symptoms return - but until a cure is found for Psoriasis - this medication is hands-down, the absolute best there is."

Wess (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2015

Clobex (clobetasol): "After about a year with this, I went to see a doctor & I was just diagnosed with pustular psoriasis - palms of hands and bottom of feet only. Before seeing a doctor, I started juicing heavily - 200lbs (no, that's not a typo) of carrots in three weeks & added green juices to my regimen as well. My hands had completely cleared and my feet were almost completely clear. But because of another issue, I went to my doctor - and because of the then upcoming tests I backed off of my juicing completely. The psoriasis came back on my hands and feet. While I wasnt juicing, I figured I would find out what it was. Doc gave me the Clobex spray. For the immediate painful inflammation problems in my feet caused by the psoriasis, this stuff is AWESOME."

BeachLizard1 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2014

Temovate (clobetasol): "Works best when applied at night before sleep. Good for use on the body. Not for face or other sensitive skin areas. I've only been using it for a couple of months but the results are better than any other products that I've used in the past."

Safjaf (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2014

Clobex (clobetasol): "I used this medication as directed and it completely cleared up my psoriasis. However, I became extremely stressed. I didn't know why I felt this way until someone else who used it experienced the same. After stopping it my adrenal glands were fatigued and I suffered from depression. My psoriasis also returned. This is very potent and I advise anyone who wants to use it to use something more natural and more safe."

Anonymous March 20, 2014

Clobex (clobetasol): "Clobex cleared up my psoriasis but it suppressed my adrenal glands which made me extremely stressed, anxious which led to depression. "

Anonymous February 25, 2014

Clobex (clobetasol): "I love this stuff... I actually use a different medication for my body called Stelara and I love that product as well. But this is a good back up for special occasions when I want to let my hair down! I spray several days before the event and I am almost clear. I spray before bed and sleep with it in my hair and then around noonish I wash my hair! Also don't wear nail polish while applying, It will be like nail polish remover. Great product."

MrsNMcFarland (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2013

"This cream really works topical 0.05% I have used this since I was 25, I am now 45. I have used it everywhere I see red spots form. Scalp is a little difficult but does work your skin is clear again."

ilpostino (taken for 10 years or more) February 18, 2013

Clobex (clobetasol): "I have been using Clobex spray for nearly 2 years. It is the best so far. My psoriasis is on my scalp, elbows and small spots here and there on my body. The Spray is the wonderful, real easy to use for applying to my scalp at odd angels."

lvodron January 6, 2013

"It works very well. The only thing I dislike about it is that I have to use it less than I am supposed to otherwise I run out too fast and have to go without."

SammySamE October 16, 2012

"THIS SHAMPOO IS A MIRACLE! My entire life I have dealt with extreme itching and dandruff with red bumps on my scalp. The first time I used it I was healed. No itching at all. I recommend to anyone with these symptoms."

Amelie25 (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2012

Olux (clobetasol): "Great for itching but not for clearing plaque/ scalp psoriasis"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 9, 2012

"This medicine works to clear my psoriasis almost 100%. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2012

"Worst skin scaling and psoraisis. After two weeks of use 2 x a day it clears up my skin. Now I can wear shorts. Thanks."

Joegm April 17, 2012

Clobex (clobetasol): "Clobex is the only thing that worked. Severe patches and redness went away in only days. Its expensive and is a very strong medicine, a little goes a long way."

headtripp March 29, 2012

Clobex (clobetasol): "Had good redults form Clobex. However, after two years of using it my skin is starting to thin so I can not use it no more."

OneLast223 January 26, 2012

Olux (clobetasol): "I had psoriasis for 3 years before I tried Olux. At that time, I had a bald spot on my head and no skin on the back of my ears. (It was all raw and covered in pus). I used Olux for three days and my psoriasis cleared up for over a month. The only reason I stopped using it was my new insurance would not cover it. Olux is the ONLY medication that has helped me. I have tried a dozen other medicines and nothing has worked the same."

filmer88 August 16, 2011

"For the past 4 months I have been suffering from a skin condition on the palms of my hands. It would start out like blisters, then they would dry up and my hand would crack and bleed. My hands were so bad that I couldn't care for my newborn baby. I had seen a doctor 4 times and he kept putting me on rapid steroid tapers, the condition would clear up but when I was done with the steroids, the condition came back worse. I had about given up when another doctor took over. She took pictures of my hands and sent them off to Phoenix. There they correctly diagnosed the condition and recommended Clobetasol. Upon using I noticed instant relief. I am on day 4 and the psoriasis is almost gone. I highly recommend Clobetasol!"

Anonymous June 20, 2011

"I've had psoriasis since I was 9. It has gotten worse and worse over the years and I've used clobetasol since the start. I'm 18 now, I've always thought my veins popping out was a normal thing but I'm starting to think maybe my skin is thin. Clobetasol is the only medication that's ever worked. I've tried so many things it'd take me forever to name them all."

Anonymous April 21, 2011

Olux (clobetasol): "Olux has been the only topical medication I've used that has been able to control the psoriasis on my scalp. Over the past few years, my condition has significantly worsened. However, since beginning to use Derma-Smoothe and Olux, I have been able to maintain a very healthy scalp. The Derma-Smoothe is fantastic for removing the initial buildup from psoriasis, while the Olux is a great for preventing its return. I only have to use Olux about once every 2 weeks, or at the first sign of any symptoms. Only downside is the high cost (since we have a high insurance deductible). However, I personally find it to be worth the money."

Anonymous March 16, 2011

Clobex (clobetasol): "I used Clobex this summer for itching and dry flakes in my scalp. I became sick with a bad cold and later turned to pneumonia. I was sick all summer long with trouble breathing and wheezing. I went to an ENT and a lung doctor. None of us could figure out what was causing the lung problem. After several months I was getting better with the breathing problems. Last week I used Clobex again because the itching scalp came back. Two days later I am having breathing problems. I put 2 and 2 together, read the side effects of Clobex and breathing problems and wheezing are the first side effects listed. All that suffering because I did not read the medical bulletins earlier."

Anonymous October 12, 2010

Clobex (clobetasol): "I got this psoriasis when I was in my early 20's and I thought it was nothing because it started in my head. Itching and redness followed but still I ignored it not until it got bigger then I went to my doctor to get checked up. First, he doesn't know what kind of condition I have. He gave me a lot of things that made no effects on my skin. Bottom line was he didn't made me feel better until I discovered Clobex. I used the shampoo and spray in the same time but you need to be aware that over time any medications will not work. You need to take a break otherwise you will be immune to it or even worse. My skin cleared but after few months it came back so be careful using any medications."

702 September 27, 2010

Clobex (clobetasol): "This medication calmed down the inflamation in psoriasis. I was so pleased with the results. After about two weeks of twice daily use, my skin appeared to be getting back to normal; however, I will be starting on Stelara because Humira was ineffective. I can see that all the psoriasis medications are individualized to each person."

Gwynie1 December 28, 2009

Olux (clobetasol): "This IS the only stuff that works. My Uncle was a Dermatologist and I have tried everything that had ever come out on the market. I was without insurance for a time and couldn't get Olux (couldn't afford it) and I had a severe outbreak. After finally getting a prescription, it was gone within 2 weeks."

olux fan November 12, 2009

Clobex (clobetasol): "I had a severe case of psoriasis at the base and outer areas of my hair line with severe itching and the Clobex lotion cleared it up in a week. I used a little on the affected area only."

Anonymous October 24, 2009