User Reviews for Clobetasol

Also known as: Clobevate, Clobex, Clodan, Cormax, Cormax Scalp, Dermovate, Embeline, Embeline E, Olux, Olux-E, Olux/Olux-E Kit, Temovate, Temovate E, Temovate Emollient

Learn more about Clobetasol.

Clobetasol Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 256 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Clobetasol to treat Psoriasis

"I used it for 3 weeks and then my Dr instructed me to stop using it for a week and by the next week my condition completely flared up again. I know this medication works extremely well at treating the condition and preventing it from additional flare ups. I have plantar psoriasis on the balls of both feet. It starts out with bumps under the skin and in 2-4 days they become big water filled blisters that are the size of a dime, most of them are the size of a quarter and the largest one I had was bigger than a half dollar. They were 75percent healed when I had to stop using it for a week and on day 5 I felt more bumps under the skin. Sure enough I have 5 more on the ball of the same foot in the same area. Good grief. It's very painful."

cspmbs April 25, 2016

"Worked for a couple of weeks, then not so much!!!"

ckarl26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2016

"It works because it has steroids. Steroids reboot the immune system. Steroids can also cause problems so use as little as possible. .. you will figure it out."

Yes it does (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 5, 2015

"So like many people here I have had good results but there are a few things to point out. This is s very potent steroid and needs to be used for short periods of time. It's meant to knock down a flare up but is not s good long term choice. It will thin the skin and cause stretch marks. I know from experience. Also the more you use it the less effective it becomes and overuse can cause cushings disease. So... Long story short, it works but be careful"

DougieD 1980 December 1, 2015

Clobex (clobetasol): "I would use clobex on my thick plaque psoriasis on my scalp. It literally cleared it up completely within 48 hrs to the point where I can go and get my hair cut. The best med I've used in my 30 years of trying everything"

Lilmack October 26, 2015

"I developed serious psoriasis about 8 years ago (age 12). Nonetheless, this is the only form of treatment that truly works for me. It works as well as how often you use it. I sometimes find myself using it once a week and I'll have sporadic patches. If I use it consistently, not a spot. Brilliant. Although it is expensive, it works so well that you can really make it last if you use it efficiently."

Rick L August 3, 2015

"I have been using Clobetasol topical solution for inflammation/itching of scalp into my fifth week, now. It is working and the itching is gone. I get the two 50ml bottles and my insurance pays 425.00 and I pay only $20.00. The 100ml last me a month. I just got my second refill for another 100ml. No problems with my insurance. I will see my dermatologist this week for another evaluation."

Mamas girl July 29, 2015

Clobex (clobetasol): "The spray is amazing...only thing that will clear my scalp...Right now my scalp is in a mess because my insurance will not pay on it and it is $400 for a 4oz bottle...I can't afford that."

karenlynn58 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2015

Clobex (clobetasol): "Clobex for my skin. I can't say enough good things about this spray. I say "spray" because the ointment did nothing. The spray, for some reason is absolutely amazing. One place on my knee where the P wasn't removable with a jackhammer, magically cleared up 99% of the area in less than 1 week. My arms - my chest - EVERYTHING - it's gone. My Psoriasis is gone. I've gone through shampoos. NOW - if I stop using the spray for a week or longer, the symptoms return - but until a cure is found for Psoriasis - this medication is hands-down, the absolute best there is."

Wess (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2015

Clobex (clobetasol): "After about a year with this, I went to see a doctor & I was just diagnosed with pustular psoriasis - palms of hands and bottom of feet only. Before seeing a doctor, I started juicing heavily - 200lbs (no, that's not a typo) of carrots in three weeks & added green juices to my regimen as well. My hands had completely cleared and my feet were almost completely clear. But because of another issue, I went to my doctor - and because of the then upcoming tests I backed off of my juicing completely. The psoriasis came back on my hands and feet. While I wasnt juicing, I figured I would find out what it was. Doc gave me the Clobex spray. For the immediate painful inflammation problems in my feet caused by the psoriasis, this stuff is AWESOME."

BeachLizard1 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2014

Temovate (clobetasol): "Works best when applied at night before sleep. Good for use on the body. Not for face or other sensitive skin areas. I've only been using it for a couple of months but the results are better than any other products that I've used in the past."

Safjaf (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2014

Clobex (clobetasol): "I used this medication as directed and it completely cleared up my psoriasis. However, I became extremely stressed. I didn't know why I felt this way until someone else who used it experienced the same. After stopping it my adrenal glands were fatigued and I suffered from depression. My psoriasis also returned. This is very potent and I advise anyone who wants to use it to use something more natural and more safe."

Anonymous March 20, 2014

Clobex (clobetasol): "Clobex cleared up my psoriasis but it suppressed my adrenal glands which made me extremely stressed, anxious which led to depression. "

Anonymous February 25, 2014

Clobex (clobetasol): "I love this stuff... I actually use a different medication for my body called Stelara and I love that product as well. But this is a good back up for special occasions when I want to let my hair down! I spray several days before the event and I am almost clear. I spray before bed and sleep with it in my hair and then around noonish I wash my hair! Also don't wear nail polish while applying, It will be like nail polish remover. Great product."

MrsNMcFarland (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2013

"This cream really works topical 0.05% I have used this since I was 25, I am now 45. I have used it everywhere I see red spots form. Scalp is a little difficult but does work your skin is clear again."

ilpostino (taken for 10 years or more) February 18, 2013

Clobex (clobetasol): "I have been using Clobex spray for nearly 2 years. It is the best so far. My psoriasis is on my scalp, elbows and small spots here and there on my body. The Spray is the wonderful, real easy to use for applying to my scalp at odd angels."

lvodron January 6, 2013

"It works very well. The only thing I dislike about it is that I have to use it less than I am supposed to otherwise I run out too fast and have to go without."

SammySamE October 16, 2012

"THIS SHAMPOO IS A MIRACLE! My entire life I have dealt with extreme itching and dandruff with red bumps on my scalp. The first time I used it I was healed. No itching at all. I recommend to anyone with these symptoms."

Amelie25 (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2012

Olux (clobetasol): "Great for itching but not for clearing plaque/ scalp psoriasis"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 9, 2012

"This medicine works to clear my psoriasis almost 100%. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2012

"Worst skin scaling and psoraisis. After two weeks of use 2 x a day it clears up my skin. Now I can wear shorts. Thanks."

Joegm April 17, 2012

Clobex (clobetasol): "Clobex is the only thing that worked. Severe patches and redness went away in only days. Its expensive and is a very strong medicine, a little goes a long way."

headtripp March 29, 2012

Clobex (clobetasol): "Had good redults form Clobex. However, after two years of using it my skin is starting to thin so I can not use it no more."

OneLast223 January 26, 2012

Olux (clobetasol): "I had psoriasis for 3 years before I tried Olux. At that time, I had a bald spot on my head and no skin on the back of my ears. (It was all raw and covered in pus). I used Olux for three days and my psoriasis cleared up for over a month. The only reason I stopped using it was my new insurance would not cover it. Olux is the ONLY medication that has helped me. I have tried a dozen other medicines and nothing has worked the same."

filmer88 August 16, 2011

"For the past 4 months I have been suffering from a skin condition on the palms of my hands. It would start out like blisters, then they would dry up and my hand would crack and bleed. My hands were so bad that I couldn't care for my newborn baby. I had seen a doctor 4 times and he kept putting me on rapid steroid tapers, the condition would clear up but when I was done with the steroids, the condition came back worse. I had about given up when another doctor took over. She took pictures of my hands and sent them off to Phoenix. There they correctly diagnosed the condition and recommended Clobetasol. Upon using I noticed instant relief. I am on day 4 and the psoriasis is almost gone. I highly recommend Clobetasol!"

Anonymous June 20, 2011