User Reviews for Somnote

Learn more about Somnote.

Insomnia 9 reviews 100 medications

9.1
Sedation 1 reviews 37 medications

Summary of Somnote reviews 10 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Somnote

Review by L J:

For Insomnia: I am the primary caregiver for my son who has a brain injury. He has severe insomnia and chloral hydrate syrup and more recently chloral hydrate gelcaps (Somnote) have been a blessing! It has been safe and effective for him for many years. I hope and pray the powers that be will reconsider the decision to discontinue manufacturing this medicine. It is our salvation for sleep not only for my son but for the rest of our household.

January 30, 2013 2:22 AM

Review by Jane Doe544223455444:

For Insomnia: Helped with my insomnia 100% until they pulled it off the market. Many thanks to the manufacturer! I had used this medicine for such a long time. I never could sleep before taking this and I still now watch the time go by.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 18, 2013 12:58 AM

Review by KW195912311:

For Insomnia: This is the only medication that has worked for me. It is dependable (6Y) for the long term. The FDA had no GOOD reason to "discontinue" this 140 year old safe, effective medication. I have not had a good moment of sleep for the last six+ weeks.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2013 12:39 PM

Review by Jazzy010101 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Insomnia: Helped me get to sleep & stay asleep till they pulled it off the market.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 30, 2012 12:05 AM

Review by Debbid44:

For Insomnia: Good sleep with minimal side effects. It has been many, many years since I have slept this good. Insurance does not want to pay because there are newer, better medications out there. Not so, for me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 15, 2012 3:35 PM

Review by TheBoorMan:

For Insomnia: I certainly appreciate the drug interactions listed here. That is something lacking from the other sites I've visited for my needs.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 19, 2011 1:53 PM

For Insomnia: I am an addict and suffer from anxiety and insomnia. This was the only medicine that is not a benzodiazapine that has worked for me. It allows me to fall asleep - not pass out and wake up feeling rejuvenated. I highly recommend it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2010 12:50 AM

Review by Patrik:

For Sedation: At a dose of 1500mg, I got very little results from this medicine.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2009 12:00 PM

Review by galalleni:

For Insomnia: Did not work for me - no sedation or drowsiness. No side effects experienced. Dosage 1000mg, Male, Weight 190 lbs (86 kg).

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 15, 2008 12:09 AM

Review by TayBur2:

For Insomnia: Works great at 1000mg. No hangover, solid sleep.

June 24, 2008 8:37 PM