User Reviews for Buprenorphine / naloxone

Also known as: Bunavail, Suboxone, Zubsolv

Learn more about Buprenorphine/naloxone.

Opiate Dependence 445 reviews 7 medications

9.2
Summary of Buprenorphine/naloxone reviews 445 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "After 20+ years of "functional" opiate abuse, I finally got sick and tired of being sick and tired. At the advice of some NA friends, I found a kind and compassionate Suboxone doctor. Amazingly, I have not had a single relapse the whole time on the Sub, and it's been nearly seven years. Not one! So now, with some time under my belt, I'm slowly tapering down, from 8mg/day to 4mg/day. I'm in no rush. Suboxone has saved my life, my marriage, and my family."

User7727 September 2, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I just want to add that after the absolute HELL involved with METHADONE WITHDRAWAL symptoms I have experienced over the years trying to get off many times over a 30 year period, I have went 8-10 days with NO SUBS at all and I can say with experience and absolute honesty, the WD symptoms with SUB WD is truly nothing compared to methadone WD. No comparison whatsoever. An article in my local newspaper from a Doc who dispenses SUBS claims it non-addictive. Nonsense, but I agree if you want to get off it appears like a walk in the park."

MrShade August 25, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I turned my life around after 35 years of the hell of opiod/methadone dependence. Vietnam Vet and I had been shot and injured .It started with percocets and percodan, dilaudid and all related drugs. After back surgery, my Dr. stopped my pain meds after 2 years. NONE. I had a profitable business and could buy off the street for about 2 years but chasing drugs and the costs took took all my money.On methadone for 30 years. Tried repeatedly to detox with no luck. A VA Sadistic DR. decided to completely stop my meth dose (100mg) no taper. After 11 days of hell a friend gave me 8mg suboxone. Except for a bit of constipation, my life is NORMAL. A wonder drug in my case. Many Drs. with just an 8 hour class are able to prescribe from their office."

MrShade August 25, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I just started treatment with Suboxone yesterday. I was in full WD 38 hrs in. 1 hour after the doctor gave me my first dose. The WD eased up drastically. I cannot believe that there is something out there that can help like this does. probably saved my marriage and my life."

Chesseman August 21, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Suboxone worked a miracle for me. I suffer from hydrocephalus and have a shunt in my brain. For 8 years I had a neurologist tell me all he could do was treat me for pain. It didn't take long to realize they were addicting. I didn't know any more if I was treating pain or the addiction. After all I had an excuse. Then one day it hit me. I had been using the word excuse. I tried to stop cold turkey. But each time I'd get severe depression anxiety, RLS, insomnia, headaches. I wasn't aware that my body was opiate dependant until I talked to a different Doctor. He took my blood pressure which was really low and informed me that it was dangerous to quit like that after so long and suggested I try suboxone. It works!"

jennibear83122 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I am 32yrs old and opiates have been a battle since my teenage years; back in the 90's I would get the 5MG percosets or 5MG methadone and would love that feel. Eventually that led me to Oxycontin 80's, which led to jail, which led to heroin, which led to OD's, which led to hell and back! Over the last 15 yrs I have battled w/ opiates and have consistently lost! But Suboxone has been a life saver for me; finally a drug which eliminates my urge, my cravings, my EVERYTHING! Methadone never did it for me but Suboxone has always helped and continues to help; I owe this drug my life because without it I would be lost. It's NOT for every one but sure does help many of us who suffered from opiate addiction and is a great tool to get life started!"

4everfight! (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 27, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I just started to go into withdraw from not using herion for close to 20 hrs and a friend of mine kicked a week ago with the help of Suboxone. He gave me 2 8mg pills instructed me to take 1/2 under tongue and if need be take 2mg more if needed tonight, it's 3 in the afternoon right now. He said it worked wonders for him and will give me more to ween off of it day 3 And day 4. My question is does this really work to help suppress WD symptoms I'm scared and wanna no what to expect. It's def time for a life change and will do anything to get this monkey off my back. Please give me some advise and any answers and words of strength would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance Little drummer boy."

Little drummer boy. July 25, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I used to be in a very bad place in my life. After joining an opiate addiction treatment center, I was started on suboxone. The medical staff helped me turn my life around. They got me clean without any withdrawal symptoms. The speed and efficiency of the program was well worth the cost. I really appreciate all they've done for me! This really is a miracle drug! "

Alex from CA July 10, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Ok I don't lie but I went on it because of tremendous pain. I didn't even know was caused by heroine. Let me tell you something, it was the best thing I ever did. I got my life together and no doubt it helped with my mood and pain. Unfortunately my symptoms are so severe now I can't sit still or stand or work. My life had become not of my own. I would say try it because you have nothing to loose but don't fool yourself because there are always withdrawals, you must listen to your Dr!!!! I only wish I had a Dr who could help me. I'm on disability and cant find anyone to help. I'm in a living hell but I wont show it. I would do anything to be able to walk down the street without my legs going out from under me. I'm only 46. Hope its your miracle."

suzie QT June 24, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was addicted to opiates really bad for about five years and it is by the grace of God I am not dead. Suboxone saved my life. I live a normal life and my pain is managed well. It gave me my life back!!!!!!!! I am so thankful for this medicine."

miracle girl June 20, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I've been on pain meds to treat very serious hip and moderate back issues for 15 years, ~8 years 24/7 and 365 days of the year on them. I've taken literally everything: morphine, fentanyl, opana, ketamine, etc and due to moving I had to find a new pain doc and he asked me to try suboxone. I've been on a 24mg/day dose for 3 days and it treats my pain 75% as well as the previous methadone/oxy combo I took before this. It makes me feel very out of it, have a hard time thinking clearly, get frequent headaches, have no appetite, no urge to use bathroom (#1 or 2, even when I need to), and can go from zero to super irritable in an instant. Overall not working well. PS: A medical condition requiring opiates means you're DEPENDENT not ADDICTED! Big difference folks!"

Bad Hips June 20, 2015

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I'll be 100% real. Zubsolv is terrible. They claim that Zubs and subs are the same strength, however not true. When coming off/withdrawing SWIM can usually take a half to 3/4 8mg strip of subs (possibly a full strip if SWIM relapse is bad enough) and then they will feel fine. However they recently tried ZUBSOLV with the directions of only needing to take one ever so and so hours. After waiting the correct amount of time SWIM took the Zubsolv as instructed and soon after the withdraws came. After waiting an hour and a half the withdrawals had emerged with full on sweats, vomiting, etcetera so they took a second one and after about another hour the vomiting had stopped yet cold sweats and shaking were still present it wasn't until after a 3rd Zub was taking that my friend was even able to take a deep breath and finally sit up straight and not have to be in the restroom. And yet still had sleepless nights, finally went back to subs and after a half of one had no complaints. So if your thinking about switching don't. The taste may be better but wow who cares what it tastes like, it's about being able to function without withdrawals and without cravings. So all in all don't waste your time, your health, your money, and your sanity on ZUBSOLV."

Jamestown (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I started using oxys after car crash, after my Dr. cut me off, switched to heroin. My wife was ready to leave and I could not believe 5yrs prior I was happy in perfect health....now shooting dope just to stay well. Went on methadone for 14 months, was 120mg p/day tapered down to 20mgs and went through a week of hell. Then I was put on 8mg strip of suboxone. Immediately helped, I felt great. After 4 months of suboxone therapy I ask my Dr. to taper me off drugs completely. While the subs works, it's just another opiate if we are truthful. Long story short, a month after quitting suboxone I ended up in psych. ward with suicidal thoughts and major depression. So back on subs again.. Truth is, I lost me somewhere between my first oxy & sub."

lostman June 18, 2015

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been on Suboxone & generic Suboxone for about 2 years. I was paying $300 a month for the generic tabs. This type of drug is a miracle for getting you away from a terrible lifestyle immediately! The Suboxone, I feel is hard on your teeth and the taste is bad for most people. Today is my first day on Zubsolv, I now have insurance and monthly cost is $35!!!!! Taste is much better and it dissolves very quickly. I feel great and just saved SO much money!"

JonnyT May 24, 2015

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I switched from Suboxone to Subsolv and have had no problems. My insurance was canceled on me, and I had to look for a cheaper alternative, and Zubsolv has been it so far for me. Zubsolv has a WAY better taste over Suboxone, for me it was a mind over matter thing. I got used to the Suboxone, and the taste of it made me know I wasn't going to feel bad anymore, so I didn't mind it. Zubsolv is the same exact thing, but different taste, so don't let that freak you out. Its a very minty clean feeling after you take it. I've almost forgot to brush my teeth in the mornings because I had a good taste in my mouth from Zubsolv. Keep your mouth closed for a long time, after you put it under your tongue, don't even talk, or you will screw up your dose"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Been on pills 2 years the complete rat race of another pill and my days and weeks had to be planned accordingly to my stock of pills. You know the drill. Finally I decided I'm not going to live like this anymore. Jail, death or suboxone - I chose suboxone. I waited the required time, I actually waited longer about 38 hours the first 15 min withdrawal gone I was actually very disappointed I thought I would feel a lot better. But after an hour and then 2 hours I felt like I had never had a pain pill in my life. It was the real me again I felt totally normal!!!! WOW I could think clearly and had a great outlook on life If you are considering this drug DO IT!!! It's legal and you will begin to get your life back DO IT!!!!!"

Pollycobbler May 21, 2015

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Bunavail takes forever to dissolve. I timed my last dose (by the way im day 5 on Bunavail) & no kidding it took near 3hrs to fully dissolve! It also cakes up quite a bit on gums teeth. NOW the Pro's, it last all day from morning through night till next morning... that's a single film! It taste wonderful and yuck and burn sensation i got occasionally under tongue with Suboxone. Now there's no dopey high like u get on subs, more like a sedative but happy vibe just not High as a kite. As i said im day 5 on Bunavail and i still prefer Suboxone but wanna finish the month on it to give a fair shake."

zoryn77 May 18, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was taking 1000-2000mg of Codine a day for 2 years. I spent a day reading all the reviews on Suboxone as my Doctor wanted to start me on it. I was really worried cause there were no bad reviews. I started my first dose of Suboxone two days ago and I feel amazing. The only side effect is a slight headache. Anyone with an Opiate addiction this is the drug of help."

Albertacanada May 13, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I just want to share with anyone thinking about using this med. I have been on LOTS of oxycodone ever since my daughter was born 5 years ago. I was always trying to figure out how to get my next batch because I would run out of my script early every month. I loved the way they made me feel at first!! I loved the energy and the happiness I got from them but it only lasted a short time before it was gone and I needed more and more. Then I was always scared of being without because I knew the withdrawals would be hell! So basically, my life was constantly thinking about those oxycodone! I finally got fed up and found a suboxone doc. Been on a week and feel amazing!!DO IT if u have an addiction problem! U won't regret it! It has saved my life!"

One happy girl! May 6, 2015

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been switched to zubsolv from suboxone 8 mg so far I am not feeling as fatigued as I use to on the suboxone. The effects of the zubsolv do hit you faster. However I am worried about how long the medicine will last I am afraid it won't last as long as my suboxone strip did."

Jaded123454321 May 2, 2015

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "For 2 days I took suboxone film (8mg) and the taste a long with the long dissolve time was dissatisfying. So my doctor switched me to zubsolv (5.7) and I could not be happier; the taste is amazing and it dissolves in 3-5 minutes not to mention (a long with a coupon) I received my first prescription for free:)."

MandaPooh (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was medically addicted to oxycodone for several years.I had 5 c-sections to deliver my 5 wonderful children. I developed a hernia and was on oxycodone for several years. My doctor left..and I was a mess. I turned to buying on the street. Working 40 hrs a week, full time college, training my daughters majorette squad, and caring for my mother (seeing as she had 5 hip surgeries in her 70's). All of this and 5 kids ages 10, 5, 4, 1 and newborn. I lost everything. Trying to stay "well" everyday was my only goal.Then I found a suboxone program. Life changing!!! With doctor, group, therapy..the suboxone gave my mind time to slow down and reflect on my life. No withdrawls and a clear mind.. It's amazing. You can be successful with the suboxone and therapy!!"

Jamie B. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Helps with the craving but doesn't help my pain at all"

trier April 17, 2015

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Addicted to heroin/dilaudid (hydromorphone) & pretty much ANYTHING injectable steady daily for over 5 yrs. Went onto methadone thru a clinic after over a year on waiting list. On methadone for 18 months w/good results (no use) but didn't want to be in a clinic setting daily to medicate & ultimately want to be med free- Doc tapered my methadone dose in order to switch me to suboxone in the hopes of then tapering me to no meds. Doc felt it was best chance at achieving my goal of zero meds w/continued sobriety. It took nearly 5 days to alleviate the withdrawal from methadone even after tapering to less than 50mg daily & not dosing for several days in an attempt to lower my levels. Very very difficult transition for me. Hopefully a good choice"

Irisheyes4 (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

For Opiate Dependence: "Works very well if used as directed. Tabs are better for me because strips killed my tongue. You will get severe constipation, so take 2-3 docusate sodium per day - it is a stool softener, and also a mild laxative. Once I got these two issues worked out, I've been very happy with this. Will save you if you want it to!"

Feelnbtr (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2015