User Reviews for Buprenorphine / naloxone

Also known as: Bunavail, Suboxone, Zubsolv

Learn more about Buprenorphine/naloxone.

Opiate Dependence 507 reviews 7 medications

8.9
Summary of Buprenorphine/naloxone reviews 507 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Ok, I've been an opiate addict for 11 years. First it was Hydrocodone, 80mg daily, for 2.5 years. Second it was Oxycodone, 160mg daily, for 3 years. Third it was Heroin, smoking 1g daily, for 1.5 years. Then it was Methadone, 120mg daily, for 4 years. I got myself into a 5 star rehab. They got me down to 35mg of methadone first, then switched me to Suboxone. It was a life saver. Amazing drug. I'm now Narcotics free. Thank you TONS Suboxone.. You gave me my family and life back."

Buprenorphine_8mg (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 23, 2016

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Worst medicine EVER"

Chickmunk (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Helps"

Tom50 April 23, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I had been prescribed to suboxone for about 1 year. I heard about zubsolv at my doctors office and found out it was much cheaper than suboxone. My doctor wrote me a per scription for zubsolv( 5.7 ). I stayed on zubsolv for about 1 month. It tastes nasty but will dissolve in about 5 minutes. Zubsolv didn't even compare to suboxone, it actually made me feel horrible."

Risarae April 21, 2016

For Opiate Dependence: "There is no denying that the zubs/subs help give me my life back. 2013 I thought everything was better & I welcomed myself back to the world & as that set in I realized I was just as sick as before---But soon that very feeling starts to wear off too when you then realize your still blocking the same feeling from eventually coming. Yesterday was 1 week without any zubs. Over the past year I have been prescribed to eat 2 but I got myself down to a quarter within that year. I havent slept in a week- I still have very runny poops & I sweat like anything like I'm in early menopause & I'm only 35. Yes this drug helped but it only helps if your not on it that long- we need to push for more doctors to control how long we are on this medicine."

Nlee615 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 15, 2016

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "More research and testing needed to be done on this drug before people could get on it. It is very true to MG and does not have higher absorption than Suboxone, period. Bunavail would not be an appropriate substitute for a patient who is stable on Suboxone at higher doses beside you would have to take so much past the legal limits of Bunavail to not be sick. BDSI - you REALLY need to raise the amount of Buprenorphine in the buccal film or figure out how to increase the absorption."

Al1985Jandro April 14, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I've been on it for 6 months. My 2nd time and I've had real heroin clean time before without sub maintance. I still have cravings on subs and I hate being on them. I need meetings and a sponsor but feel like a fraud so I don't go and when I rarely do I share in a meeting and break down crying. I know the horrific withdrawals I had the last time I got off sub maintance and it led to relapse a week later so I'm so terrified. I feel stuck and trapped in a corner n have crazy thoughts like going and buying to bundle of heroin to get off the suboxon but then I'm afraid I probably won't stop the heroin n will have to go to detox n rehab and now I have a 10 month old daughter so that's not an option. I can't risk getting off of it n hate bein on it"

withdrawlworstthanheroin April 2, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This drug saved my life... All complaints aside, this time s a miracle drug, BUT, long term results vary depending on one's commitment to sobtiey. I've been taking Sub's on/off for five years. This MED had 2 basic function for me: Kept me "well" until more opiates are refilled/acquired & gave me the opportunity to shuffle my priorities so that opiates were no longer a priority. It took time for me to mature and commit to the lifestyle changes I needed so badly. Bottom line, this drug alone won't keep u clean m, but if you combine a regimen of support groups, commitment, and this medication I truly believe anyone can get off opiates. Good Luck. Side effects: constipation, long term reduced energy. "

WyseguyCA (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I started taking Suboxone (Bupe/Naloxone) 8mg strips 6 months ago, and now I am down to 4mg. Trust me when I tell you that this drug will save your life if you have an opiate addiction, but you must follow your doc's orders. I was snorting 5-10 30 mg oxycodone's (roxi's) a day, and heroin when desperate. Opiates ruined my life I lost EVERYTHING! Now I am back in college full-time, and got my life back. If you are dealing with opiate addiction do yourself a favor, and make an appointment with a Suboxone doctor, and seek out counseling. This drug works if taken responsibly."

Tbizzle (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "If your reading this I know what your going thru. With or without medication therapy if you can make it to your 4th 24hours without using, you're out of the woods. I saw so many success stories posted here, you can do it too! Trust me don't give up. You're going to feel completely nuts for the first 3 days if ur going cold turkey - when u get to day 4 your good as new. If ur going the sub. route once you take your last bump or shoot that last shot of H. If u can just hold on for about a minimum of 16hrs from your last dose which should put u at about moderate withdrawal.. think of it as the last time you,ll EVER have to feel like this. Wait 16-18hrs (preferably 18hrs) then put that suboxone under your tounge n lay down. 10-20min later ur 100% golden"

lovetrumps March 29, 2016

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I switched to bunuvail like most people because my insurance stopped paying for my suboxone. I have been on subs for a year. The bunuvail does what it's supposed to as far as keeping me from having cravings. The only bad thing about it in my opinion is I hate how long it takes to dissolve and it tastes terrible to me. But it does what it's made to do"

MNBD16 (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This medication has changed my life! Welcome world :)"

Cheryl from Maine March 21, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I am on my second day of using zubsolv. When I got out of bed this morning (after having slept 7 solid hours!) I felt a little groggy but ready to start the day. No diarrhea , night swears, achy bones, or litharge . Unbelievable drug. I have tried detoxing half a dozen times. But got so deathly ill that I had to go get more opiates just to feel normal again. This addiction grabs a hold of u and reins your life in a very short period of time. My advice... Forget the home remedies , find yourself a good addictionologist, and start to live your life again . I'm not afraid to go to bed tonight, that in its self is a miracle."

My mommy did it (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Let me put to rest the biggest misconception about Suboxone. You've all heard or have said it before. "With Suboxone, I'm just trading one addiction for another." That's WRONG and I'll tell you why. An addiction is a compulsive behavior that we do and continue to do despite HARMFUL CONSEQUENCES. I was addicted to heroin for a couple of years. My life was going down the tubes. I was suffering consequences left and right, but I kept using. Now lets talk about DEPENDENCE. We are dependent on a substance where if we STOP taking it, we will have harmful consequences. A diabetic is dependent on their insulin, if they don't take it they could get very sick. If I stop my Suboxone, I could suffer bad consequences. Kapeesh?"

Rdphish73 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was on methadone for 10 yrs quitting cold turkey at 80mg in Dec 2015. I lasted about 4 days then started using heroin again. Jan 2 I went into detox, got out the 10th and was still in wds from the methadone. Went 3 weeks struggling really bad, started shooting again then finally gave suboxone a try 1 week ago. I feel amazing besides the constant sweats I get. Methadone withdrawal is the worst wd I ever experienced. I know I'm not looking to come off suboxone. I know for me that I will always need "something". If I can take a legally prescribed medication that will help me not to shoot heroin and make my life unmanageable then I will continue to take it. So far suboxone has done good by me, why would I stop it."

franc1ne73 (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "suboxone got me off of painkillers but left me addicted to it and my doctor wanted to keep me on it so I had to stop cold turkey on my own after being on it for 5 and 1/2 years. withdrawal was bad for about a week but some symptoms lasted a couple of months, but it was worth it because now I am my normal self again and much happier. It's now been over a year and I don't even think about it anymore.If I had known more about suboxone I would have just quit painkillers without it."

ac clark March 2, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This medication saved every aspect of my life! I am so thankful I took the steps necessary to get treatment. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to get off of opioids and get their life back! Truly amazing stuff! Thank you!!!"

batchie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "It is great for opiate addiction withdrawal. And to stay off opiates. You do not have withdrawal and do not feel the opiate high while taking. I took suboxone for 6 years and zubsolv for 2. I have been off all for just over 3 weeks and finally starting to feel normal. I do have to tell you it can get your life back together but at some point you will want to stop. Withdrawal is just as bad stopping zubsolv as opiates. The first 9 days for me were horrible. And I knew what I was in for. Not to discourage anyone. But hang in there it will get better. You may feel like time has stopped for a couple weeks but for what its worth you'll be free and clean."

Ag102 February 18, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Suboxone saved my life and sanity. I also had health issues and received heavy doses of opiates and became a full blown addict. I don't know how many times I overdosed on medication. 20 years of addiction I don't know how I survived but by the grace of God. I started suboxone in 2005. It saved my life! I have a good life, I have an awesome life now. This medication not only helps with pain but I took away any desire to drink! I have not drank since 2007! One reason I started with the pills was to get alcohol under control! I still take suboxone. I really feel they need to make this free for anyone who has an addiction. After all these drug company have made $$$ I am so very grateful that I am able to have this."

Audreegene February 7, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "2nd try with suboxone.."

m.e.g.731 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Horrible drug , besides the fact of it taking so long to dissolve with the left over gunk in your mouth. I've been on suboxone for 3 years and tried this out because I needed a week for my preauthoraziton to go through.... I've been throwing up after I woke up the second day with out my subs I'm still going through withdrawals all day hot and cold no energy the usual misery. DO NOT TRY THIS DRUG IF YOU HAVE BEEN ON SUBOXONE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME. Nothing about the being able to talk ( due to the slimy like10x subs at once in your mouth but a different texture. Any of the reasons they give for it being a lower dose doesn't even work because it barely sticks to your cheek so it basically doesn't even have a blocker in it so your constantly craving."

Pookpooks February 4, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Was on percocets and norcos almost 16 years went to pain management was given suboxone was off all opiates in a week very little withdrawal, 6 -7 week program ...."

Mrseek (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Hello again. Please read my previous entry. I started suboxone on monday at 1pm after 26 hours of clean time. The first 24 hours was rough but nonwhere near a cold turkey exprience. I stayed with a friend for support. Maybe got 3 hours sleep. The second 24 hours was marginally better. Stayed with a friend again. Near no sleep. The 3rd 24 hours was better still. I was still hurting but made it with little to no sleep at a friends. Today, the 4th 24 hours I'm pretty much ok. A real miracle. I got some work done and socialised a bit even. It's 1230 am now. Sleep isn't an option yet. So I hope that helps. By the way I am on 2-8mg tabs per day. Oh, drink LOTS of fluids. Good luck. You can do it!"

Marto/Guitarist January 29, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been on zubsolv for just 2 days now and it is life changing. I have been taking 10mg Hydrocodone for a few years now at least 10x a day or more and I cannot believe how well this medication is working. When I would run out of Hydrocodone I would take things like morphine, hydromorphone because I was so sacred of getting withdrawals which only made things worse Obviously. Although I have never tried sub's or any other detox for that matter I am absolutely shocked at how great I feel. I cannot believe I was so afraid for so long to stop using the painkillers out of fear of the withdrawal. I would recommend zubsolv to ANYBODY wanting to stop opiates to try this route. I feel clear minded, energized and no need to reach for my pills."

SB15011 (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I'm currently on my third day of detox from suboxone. I'm fairly sick, can't control my stomach at times. I've been having the worst insomnia and have only been able to sleep for a few hours at a time before I wake up in a pool of my own sweat. I started my jump at 2 mgs. I had been tapering for a while to get to this point and finally made the decision to finally end this affliction that overall I've been dealing with for close to three years. I read so many wonderful shared stories here. It's given me a lot of hope as I forge my own personal story."

Isthisreallife (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2016