User Reviews for Buprenorphine / naloxone

Also known as: Bunavail, Suboxone, Zubsolv

Learn more about Buprenorphine/naloxone.

Opiate Dependence 512 reviews 7 medications

8.9
Summary of Buprenorphine/naloxone reviews 512 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I've been perscribed suboxone in the past & it always worked. Although I wasn't too happy when I started to feel physically reliant( & bc I was not forwarned by anyone). My new doctor wrote me a script for zubsolv. My sub dosage was 16mg daily (2 8mg strips). The first day on zubs was horrible I was in full withdrawal with no effect I even took double what was perscribed bc I thought it might be that & it was low to begin with ( just 2 5.7mg tabs per day) & with no prevail. I suffered for 3 straight days it did not work at all. Finally on day 3 I felt some relief but I'm sure it's just because I was through the worst of my detox. I would not recommend this to anyone for the sole reason it's not worth the risk. It could make you relapse."

Vangogh93 May 19, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been on subs for 7 years and have been very successful with my family and career! Two weeks ago I decided I don't want to depend on anything but my self, well I thought...... I have been taking just a quarter strip for one year now and If I skip a day I can barely function. Called my doctor and he told me there's no withdraw..... Bullshit!!!!!!! It's been two weeks I haven't takin it and I still can't sleep at night, my back feels like it's on fire, and I just got done puking my guts out! This has been the hardest thing I have EVER had to overcome! If your serious about getting clean DO NOT take this for a long period of time! Yes it helps the cravings but not your addiction!"

Nogood4 u May 16, 2016

For Opiate Dependence: "First year of suboxone was great. Slowly started isolation and withdrawal from responsibilities like brushing my teeth, social activities, get up and go back to bed and isolate watching TV. Terrible feeling in the morning. Tried altering dosages. Nothing helps."

daveyw May 15, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "OK love you all first off but can't believe what I am reading, people saying opiate withdraws are three days lmao. You are not even dependent on them then. I've been to day 25 and felt worse than day three. The shits cramps no sleep every muscle and bones hurt can't eat lost 20 pounds. And none of it is in your head no shrink can help your pain how stupid. Couldn't even possibly make it to a shrink. And I have a degree in chemical dependency drug counseling. Its a joke. Helps no one. Now on to suboxone sure it keeps you from opiate withdrawals but its ten times worse to kick post accute withdrawals from suboxone can last up to two years. You can never get off it it could kill you for real. No one on box is even close to out of hot water"

Joe dirt (taken for 10 years or more) May 15, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Every person has a different experience. I have noticed that it works for people who want it to work. If you're not ready, it won't work. The experience I'm having is that I am not ready to come off of it do to back injury. If you're ready it will work and probably save your life. Don't be another statistic"

Sick and Twisted (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2016

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "awful!this med is soooo bad.doesn't stick to cheek or absorb the BUP.It had me doubting myself?And........ahhhhhhh."......Why are they pushing this BS??????worst 2 weeks I have had in treatment..........Sick,withdrawing, but go back toDr Tuesday to change back to suboxone,almost relapsed"........Hating the Insurance now for only covering this stuff?"

Chickmunk April 30, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Ok, I've been an opiate addict for 11 years. First it was Hydrocodone, 80mg daily, for 2.5 years. Second it was Oxycodone, 160mg daily, for 3 years. Third it was Heroin, smoking 1g daily, for 1.5 years. Then it was Methadone, 120mg daily, for 4 years. I got myself into a 5 star rehab. They got me down to 35mg of methadone first, then switched me to Suboxone. It was a life saver. Amazing drug. I'm now Narcotics free. Thank you TONS Suboxone.. You gave me my family and life back."

Buprenorphine_8mg (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 23, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Helps"

Tom50 April 23, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I had been prescribed to suboxone for about 1 year. I heard about zubsolv at my doctors office and found out it was much cheaper than suboxone. My doctor wrote me a per scription for zubsolv( 5.7 ). I stayed on zubsolv for about 1 month. It tastes nasty but will dissolve in about 5 minutes. Zubsolv didn't even compare to suboxone, it actually made me feel horrible."

Risarae April 21, 2016

For Opiate Dependence: "There is no denying that the zubs/subs help give me my life back. 2013 I thought everything was better & I welcomed myself back to the world & as that set in I realized I was just as sick as before---But soon that very feeling starts to wear off too when you then realize your still blocking the same feeling from eventually coming. Yesterday was 1 week without any zubs. Over the past year I have been prescribed to eat 2 but I got myself down to a quarter within that year. I havent slept in a week- I still have very runny poops & I sweat like anything like I'm in early menopause & I'm only 35. Yes this drug helped but it only helps if your not on it that long- we need to push for more doctors to control how long we are on this medicine."

Nlee615 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 15, 2016

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "More research and testing needed to be done on this drug before people could get on it. It is very true to MG and does not have higher absorption than Suboxone, period. Bunavail would not be an appropriate substitute for a patient who is stable on Suboxone at higher doses beside you would have to take so much past the legal limits of Bunavail to not be sick. BDSI - you REALLY need to raise the amount of Buprenorphine in the buccal film or figure out how to increase the absorption."

Al1985Jandro April 14, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I've been on it for 6 months. My 2nd time and I've had real heroin clean time before without sub maintance. I still have cravings on subs and I hate being on them. I need meetings and a sponsor but feel like a fraud so I don't go and when I rarely do I share in a meeting and break down crying. I know the horrific withdrawals I had the last time I got off sub maintance and it led to relapse a week later so I'm so terrified. I feel stuck and trapped in a corner n have crazy thoughts like going and buying to bundle of heroin to get off the suboxon but then I'm afraid I probably won't stop the heroin n will have to go to detox n rehab and now I have a 10 month old daughter so that's not an option. I can't risk getting off of it n hate bein on it"

withdrawlworstthanheroin April 2, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This drug saved my life... All complaints aside, this time s a miracle drug, BUT, long term results vary depending on one's commitment to sobtiey. I've been taking Sub's on/off for five years. This MED had 2 basic function for me: Kept me "well" until more opiates are refilled/acquired & gave me the opportunity to shuffle my priorities so that opiates were no longer a priority. It took time for me to mature and commit to the lifestyle changes I needed so badly. Bottom line, this drug alone won't keep u clean m, but if you combine a regimen of support groups, commitment, and this medication I truly believe anyone can get off opiates. Good Luck. Side effects: constipation, long term reduced energy. "

WyseguyCA (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I started taking Suboxone (Bupe/Naloxone) 8mg strips 6 months ago, and now I am down to 4mg. Trust me when I tell you that this drug will save your life if you have an opiate addiction, but you must follow your doc's orders. I was snorting 5-10 30 mg oxycodone's (roxi's) a day, and heroin when desperate. Opiates ruined my life I lost EVERYTHING! Now I am back in college full-time, and got my life back. If you are dealing with opiate addiction do yourself a favor, and make an appointment with a Suboxone doctor, and seek out counseling. This drug works if taken responsibly."

Tbizzle (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "If your reading this I know what your going thru. With or without medication therapy if you can make it to your 4th 24hours without using, you're out of the woods. I saw so many success stories posted here, you can do it too! Trust me don't give up. You're going to feel completely nuts for the first 3 days if ur going cold turkey - when u get to day 4 your good as new. If ur going the sub. route once you take your last bump or shoot that last shot of H. If u can just hold on for about a minimum of 16hrs from your last dose which should put u at about moderate withdrawal.. think of it as the last time you,ll EVER have to feel like this. Wait 16-18hrs (preferably 18hrs) then put that suboxone under your tounge n lay down. 10-20min later ur 100% golden"

lovetrumps March 29, 2016

Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I switched to bunuvail like most people because my insurance stopped paying for my suboxone. I have been on subs for a year. The bunuvail does what it's supposed to as far as keeping me from having cravings. The only bad thing about it in my opinion is I hate how long it takes to dissolve and it tastes terrible to me. But it does what it's made to do"

MNBD16 (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This medication has changed my life! Welcome world :)"

Cheryl from Maine March 21, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I am on my second day of using zubsolv. When I got out of bed this morning (after having slept 7 solid hours!) I felt a little groggy but ready to start the day. No diarrhea , night swears, achy bones, or litharge . Unbelievable drug. I have tried detoxing half a dozen times. But got so deathly ill that I had to go get more opiates just to feel normal again. This addiction grabs a hold of u and reins your life in a very short period of time. My advice... Forget the home remedies , find yourself a good addictionologist, and start to live your life again . I'm not afraid to go to bed tonight, that in its self is a miracle."

My mommy did it (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Let me put to rest the biggest misconception about Suboxone. You've all heard or have said it before. "With Suboxone, I'm just trading one addiction for another." That's WRONG and I'll tell you why. An addiction is a compulsive behavior that we do and continue to do despite HARMFUL CONSEQUENCES. I was addicted to heroin for a couple of years. My life was going down the tubes. I was suffering consequences left and right, but I kept using. Now lets talk about DEPENDENCE. We are dependent on a substance where if we STOP taking it, we will have harmful consequences. A diabetic is dependent on their insulin, if they don't take it they could get very sick. If I stop my Suboxone, I could suffer bad consequences. Kapeesh?"

Rdphish73 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "I was on methadone for 10 yrs quitting cold turkey at 80mg in Dec 2015. I lasted about 4 days then started using heroin again. Jan 2 I went into detox, got out the 10th and was still in wds from the methadone. Went 3 weeks struggling really bad, started shooting again then finally gave suboxone a try 1 week ago. I feel amazing besides the constant sweats I get. Methadone withdrawal is the worst wd I ever experienced. I know I'm not looking to come off suboxone. I know for me that I will always need "something". If I can take a legally prescribed medication that will help me not to shoot heroin and make my life unmanageable then I will continue to take it. So far suboxone has done good by me, why would I stop it."

franc1ne73 (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "suboxone got me off of painkillers but left me addicted to it and my doctor wanted to keep me on it so I had to stop cold turkey on my own after being on it for 5 and 1/2 years. withdrawal was bad for about a week but some symptoms lasted a couple of months, but it was worth it because now I am my normal self again and much happier. It's now been over a year and I don't even think about it anymore.If I had known more about suboxone I would have just quit painkillers without it."

ac clark March 2, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "This medication saved every aspect of my life! I am so thankful I took the steps necessary to get treatment. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to get off of opioids and get their life back! Truly amazing stuff! Thank you!!!"

batchie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "It is great for opiate addiction withdrawal. And to stay off opiates. You do not have withdrawal and do not feel the opiate high while taking. I took suboxone for 6 years and zubsolv for 2. I have been off all for just over 3 weeks and finally starting to feel normal. I do have to tell you it can get your life back together but at some point you will want to stop. Withdrawal is just as bad stopping zubsolv as opiates. The first 9 days for me were horrible. And I knew what I was in for. Not to discourage anyone. But hang in there it will get better. You may feel like time has stopped for a couple weeks but for what its worth you'll be free and clean."

Ag102 February 18, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "Suboxone saved my life and sanity. I also had health issues and received heavy doses of opiates and became a full blown addict. I don't know how many times I overdosed on medication. 20 years of addiction I don't know how I survived but by the grace of God. I started suboxone in 2005. It saved my life! I have a good life, I have an awesome life now. This medication not only helps with pain but I took away any desire to drink! I have not drank since 2007! One reason I started with the pills was to get alcohol under control! I still take suboxone. I really feel they need to make this free for anyone who has an addiction. After all these drug company have made $$$ I am so very grateful that I am able to have this."

Audreegene February 7, 2016

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: "2nd try with suboxone.."

m.e.g.731 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016