User Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

Also known as: Bunavail, Suboxone, Zubsolv

Learn more about Buprenorphine/naloxone.

Opiate Dependence 387 reviews 7 medications

9.2
Summary of Buprenorphine/naloxone reviews 387 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Buprenorphine/naloxone

Review by Trey D. (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: If you have an opiate addiction, this medicine is the way to go! I tried rehabs, meetings, everything! Suboxone is the only thing that kept me clean. It takes away the desire to use, which is a miracle. I have no regrets by choosing the Suboxone program. It saved my life.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 9, 2014 1:38 PM

Review by Machine83:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I've been a heroin addict for 13 years. I've tried methadone and Subutex and now I'm taking just Suboxone, and on "Suboxone maintenance". Through treatment and staying dedicated I am 5 months clean. I take 16 mg (2 strips) per day, every day. It has worked miracles. I don't get many cravings for heroin. I felt so hopeless and its the best choice I've made in my life in years.

September 29, 2014 5:26 PM

Review by JL840 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I have been taking Suboxone 8mg/2mg films for approximately 3 years now and don't know what I would do without it! I'm prescribed 1/day.Some days I take 1/4 in the morning, 1/4 in the afternoon & 1/2 in the evening. Some days I only take a 1/2 at lunch time. Some days I take a whole one, everyday seems different depending on how I feel.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 16, 2014 11:18 PM

Review by JoltinJoe0614:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I was totally addicted to 10mg Vicodin and Oxycodone, Percocet for about 2 years. I started the weary rounds of running out early, then hitting Urgent Care in desperation for more pills - bottom line it did not work and I was terrified of withdrawal. Made a great choice: Suboxone - the best working medicine I have ever taken, a little strong at 8mg a day but worth it hands down 100%.

September 10, 2014 11:56 AM

Review by cootie626 (taken for less than 1 month):

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: This medicine has absolutely given me my life back! I actually feel the way I did before I got addicted to pills!!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 21, 2014 12:09 AM

Review by Darrlell:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: Sweats and constipation

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 16, 2014 5:53 AM

Review by sandra d. (taken for less than 1 month):

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I feel like this is a miracle for me. I can't believe how well I'm functioning since having stopped daily heroin use. I started with my first dose of Zubsolv about 5 hours after my final use of heroin. I was feeling at least 3 of my usual withdrawal symptoms before I took the first dose. I was amazed by my 3rd day that I felt like I did prior to starting heroin. I felt great!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 10, 2014 3:48 PM

Review by AM1492 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: To anyone looking to get on Suboxone to overcome opiate addiction - DO IT!! I've been on Suboxone for 15 months now & have gone from 20mg to 2 mgs literally painlessly. The first time I took it I knew within an hr I had found what I needed to get that damn monkey off my back. A slow yet STEADY taper is important. There's no reason a person can't easily drop 2mgs a mo. down to about 4mg. If it's making you sleepy, time to taper! It gets a bit slower once you get lower but still not hard at all. Once you get to about 3mg you almost have an awakening! You get more energy, and start to LOVE music and conversation again. I would say that those are the biggest side effects - sleepiness (taper!), and slight emotional dullness.

July 11, 2014 8:45 AM

Review by Riggs (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: This medicine has saved my life and changed my life drastically. I never thought I would be able to get off heroin. I have a awesome life now and I think if you really want to get clean and not be high from methadone then Suboxone is what you need.

July 8, 2014 11:17 PM

Review by Oldalcky (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for : I went onto to Suboxone, by accident really. My boyfriend was a severe pain medicine addict and I'm a recovering alcoholic. One day I decided to take this Suboxone maybe started at 4mg and it definitely kept me sober from alcohol. I have not had a drink in 3 yrs. My Dr said they have a new medicine with just the naloxone (Narcon). He has decided to switch me to this medicine. Was off Suboxone for 2 month intervals and went back. I have hope this time just the blocker is enough for me. Long term Suboxone use is not good for me because I have COPD. Still in all it is was effective for me. For alcohol not opiates. Hope this helps someone.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2014 10:16 PM

Review by atxnative:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I was addicted to all opiates for 17 years. The last 2 years I was spending about $4000 a month. Made $60,000 a year and couldn't even pay my bills. It got real bad! A friend of mine told me about Suboxone and the rest is history! It truly saved my life. For the first time in my life I have money in a savings account. Suboxone works, as long as you want to quit.

July 1, 2014 2:45 PM

Review by mws1434:

For Opiate Dependence: Saved my life and my family recommend Suboxone to anybody who's addicted to opiates.

July 1, 2014 2:05 PM

Review by daisy18 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I was a heroin addict for about 5 years and have used methadone and Suboxone maintenance. I have been on Suboxone for five months and like methadone it is working well to keep me off heroin. But I do want to comment on side effects of both medications that are not mentioned often enough. As far as methadone went, my boyfriend and I had no sex drive. And on Suboxone, I have a great sex drive, but have a very difficult time climaxing. My boyfriend is also experiencing sexual side effects from Suboxone. He has no sex drive and has a difficult time getting an erection and even harder time climaxing. I think these are side effects people need to be aware of while deciding on a method of treatment.

June 15, 2014 5:06 PM

Review by S.Dot:

Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I have been on Zubsolv for 3 days now because my insurance won't cover Suboxone (which I was on previously for over a year, my insurance company got switched) my Dr told me about Zubsolv and I gave it a try (and because its covered thru my insurance.) I see/feel NO DIFFERENT than from when I was on the Suboxone. I personally feel that Zubsolv works better for me. But everyone's body is different. The ONLY thing I DON'T like about the Zubsolv is the taste. It is a VERY STRONG MENTHOL TASTE, BUT THE TABLETS DISSOLVE VERY QUICKLY!

June 11, 2014 8:49 AM

Review by ehh80 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I have struggled with opiate addiction for 6 years, for which I've taken Suboxone for 4 separate rounds of treatment. The longest clean times I have ever had throughout this time is when I was on Subutex or Suboxone (I have used both). I cannot say enough great things about this medicine, it has truly saved my life. I am off of it now, and I had NO issues weaning off....it must be done thoroughly, slowly and patiently. The biggest mistake is people trying to stop at 2mg, which is still a high dose. One must go all the way down to an almost crumb/sliver of a piece of pill or strip. If following protocol in a program, you can successfully come off of it.

June 5, 2014 12:45 PM

Review by Peter K Important Information:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: My wife and I have been on Suboxone for about 2 years. We have linked obesity to the side effects. Suboxone drastically slows down your digestive track. It's not limited to just the digestion track. Anyone taking Suboxone will notice a number of things, In males the number of sperm released is also greatly affected. In Humans Suboxone does something to the human body that restricts dilatation of vascular digestive function in tube like organs. The vas deferens during ejaculation, prostate control, (premature ejaculation), sphincter dilation, and lower digestive track speeds. People will gain weight over time.

June 4, 2014 3:08 PM

Review by The Fish (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I have been back and forth from rehabs, to meetings, to sobriety, and back. I understand some of the reviews about the long term use, it's like not wanting to peel off the bandaid. The truth is that the wound under my bandaid wasn't healed. It was some what of a security for me. The security was as long as I had urges I stayed on ( one strip was the highest I ever went) I wanted sobriety in the worst way and had great responsibilities in my life that a relapse would take away. I stayed on for a little over a year and the majority of the time I was on a super slow taper- taking one away per month. Before I knew it I was off and had a great fellowship a list of meetings a car a wife and a house.

June 2, 2014 12:04 PM

Review by sophie111777:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I don't understand people staying on this medicine for years. 2 weeks should be enough, It gets you through the withdrawals without causing another addiction. If your really ready to stop using an 1/8 of the strip or pill will be enough, 3 of those should get you off the hard stuff. If your not at a high dose in your addiction, if you swallow your medicine and don't use needles, you can use less, it will make you sick if you are not careful. This is a great way to end your addiction, but be wise, don't start another one.

May 21, 2014 11:31 PM

Review by FLS7691 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: Seriously is a wonder medicine if you are truly ready to stop.

May 11, 2014 9:45 PM

Review by KrissyRyJPnGFam:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I was a heroin addict for the past 5 years. I was in and out of detox 6-7 times. I never wanted to be on Suboxone outside of detox, because of the horror stories I had heard. This medication saved my life. I got clean on January 1 of this year (checked into detox, again, on Dec 31-- yes, New Years Eve). I decided this time to stay on the medication following discharge. It has completely changed my life. I am still clean, on a low dose and tapering off at a pace that's comfortable for me, I didn't sleep for maybe 2 weeks after returning home, but that was due to the fact that heroin used to put me to sleep. I am a mother to my son and daughter again thanks to Suboxone.

May 7, 2014 7:12 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: Used pain medicines for 14 years (fentanyl 40 mcg and lortab 10mg). Excellent results after using Suboxone.

May 3, 2014 8:20 PM

Review by Pressed Steel (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Opiate Dependence: I have been on Suboxone for going on 2 years. It has truly helped me. If you fall down a few times after you start taking it, its okay, get back up, take it as you are told and keep trying.

May 1, 2014 1:36 AM

Review by Do/It/N/Get/Ur/Life/Back!! (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: To answer Whynotme's question and anyone else who is questioning Suboxone in your first few days of taking it... we are all different and our bodies react differently to certain things and at different times. So if you just started taking Suboxone and aren't feeling 100%, no worries, you soon will. The first few days for me were rough. First, I was violently vomiting because of the strength (I was addicted to 10mg Vicodins, about 3-5 per day for well over 5 yrs). So Suboxone was kinda strong for me. Second, I didn't feel fantastic right away but very soon after, I felt better than that. I got my life back, finishing up 2 yr degree, and feel great! Do it and get your life back!

April 30, 2014 3:00 AM

Review by MontanaMountainGuy:

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: Suboxone saved my life I reckon, I owe my life to it I surely do.

April 4, 2014 2:39 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone) for Opiate Dependence: I am a 31 yr old executive professional... 6 yrs ago I was making great money and partying all the time. 65 Norcos a day by my 3rd year, I found a Suboxone doctor (pretty tough to find in my area three yrs ago) and began taking it. The best day of my life was finding Suboxone. I've been on Suboxone 3 yrs but now I've begun tapering and within a year I should be off completely. Find a doctor and change your life today.

March 27, 2014 1:57 AM