User Reviews for Mirvaso

Learn more about Mirvaso.

Mirvaso Review Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 88 medications used in the treatment of Rosacea.

Reviews for Mirvaso to treat Rosacea

"After suffering from Rosacea for as long as I could remember I visited my doctor who gave me a sample pack of Mirvaso. As instructed applied it the following morning after my shower. I waited (as instructed) 5/10 minutes to then apply my moisturiser. I did the same for the next 3 days and was stunned and so impressed by the results! For the first time in years I wasn't red! Unfortunately on the fourth day I became bright red in my T-Zone and worse than I had ever been. I applied it again the next morning. My face was fantastic all day but by 5.00pm that night my whole face was redder than ever before. I was in a shop and the owner asked if I had high blood pressure (I don't) because I was so red! I have stopped using it"

Broni May 18, 2015

"I didn't give Mirvaso a 0 or a 1 because it really does what it claims. I had mild rosacea and it seriously took it away within 30 minutes to an hour. The effect lasts about 10-12 hrs, and even by the time I'm going to sleep the returning pinkness is only very mild...but then in the morning it's on fuego. I don't feel my face burning or anything, but it's redder than my original starting point. I kept with the Mirvaso for a few days because even with the seemingly stronger redness I would wake up with, the Mirvaso would always erase it like magic for 10-12 hrs. Eventually the redness got so strong in the morning I stopped using it. It's been 3 days and my face is still way redder than usual with a few pimples which I usually don't get."

Dee28276 May 17, 2015

"This cream is not perfect by any means, but it is the only cream that has significantly reduce my redness within a short time."

Ryanjames (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2015

"I was given a sample by my dermatologist and decided to give Mirvaso a try for a couple of weeks before purchasing. After a week I noticed that my facial skin would start tingling, then turn bright red! It has now been 4 days since I discontinued using the product and fortunately the brightness is finally starting to fade back to where it was before I started using this product. The episodes of tingling skin have occured less and less frequently. Bummed that the product did not work!"

Babylove51 March 16, 2015

"I was prescribed this medicine to help with my Rosacea. Just like others, the initial response was amazing. Face looked pearly white. I used it for about 3 days, mornings only and a tiny drop. All of a sudden, on the 4th day, I'm sitting at work and begin to feel this tingly feeling in two parts of my face. I looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't believe my eyes. The two areas were swelled up ,so bright red it was almost purple! Swelling did not subside until the next day. This medication was very expensive, I will be calling them to try to get my money back. I shouldn't have filled the prescription, I just got so excited when the sample worked, was afraid the pharmacy may take a long time to fill the prescription."

Tanush January 25, 2015

"I have only used this once so I am not sure about ongoing side effects, but it is absolutely amazing stuff. It made my skin red-free and I felt like I was looking at my face for the first time. It lasted for the evening, then I washed it off. My skin became blotchy and stung a little bit, but this morning it is at its normal redness and not worse. I've been trying cures/remedies for rosacea since I was 19 - I'm so relieved right now, although a little bit wary because I still don't feel like something this good can be true. Looking forward to using it again today! "

AmyRoseyAustralia December 29, 2014

"Like others that commented here, I experienced immediate results when I began use of Mirvaso. However, it worked so "well" that one of the physicians I work for asked if I was feeling OK as my skin was so devoid of color. Also like others here, within several weeks of beginning use, suddenly my nose and cheeks would be sunburn-red in the middle of the day. I tried using only a tiny bit, and this seems to have helped with that redness. The main reason I decided to keep going with it is that my pores seem much smaller with use, so I do believe the surface of my skin is less inflamed, even if there is some red kickback once in a while. I like the suggestion of mixing it with a bit of moisturizer...that may help even more."

FrancieWebb (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2014

"Worked well first few months, when it wore off in the evening I was redder than ever before. After about 6 months began to flush at random times while wearing it and it was really really red! Also flushed in sections, not the whole face. I am now using natural cleansers and products and the redness has finally subsided."

bwmtns November 10, 2014

"Medicine works for me for about 4 hours. I was experiencing terrible rebound redness after that, however (which gets much worse when using Mirvaso multiple days in a row). What I've found, similar to others on this list, is that by using a very small amount (about half of what's recommended) and applying it along with sunscreen or moisturizer, I'll get most of the benefit without the rebound. The other thing that I do is frankly use it infrequently and try not to use it for more than 2 days in a row. So while I'm not getting a constant benefit, it helps when I need it to for public events."

Nick Nameus (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2014

"I didn't have the severe side effects that some people had with this medication, but I did have so many more papules than usual. It didn't burn when I applied it and it did reduce redness. I stuck with it for just over a week and then I couldn't stand how bumpy my face was so I stopped."

Lindsar4000 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2014

"I'm a 54 year old man that started having dermatitis upon return from a deployment to Iraq. After trying a variety of medications I was told that I have Rosacea. I tried Mirvaso on one side and it seemed to clear my face. After trying it for several days I noticed my face turning extremely red and itching. I cannot use this and am heading back to the dermatologist."

Bucky 6 (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2014

"At first, I had ups and downs with Mirvaso. Then I discovered (from someone online) that I only need to use a very small amount. Now I have no problems and it really helps to control my rosacea."

EliseElise July 8, 2014

"I really wanted this medicine to work. My doctor gave me a sample and I tried it for a week. Then I got my prescription filled. After two more weeks me face started turning red in the middle of the day. I don't mean a little pink, I mean red, almost purple. It would take several hours to subside. My nose was affected worst. In order to determine if the Mirvaso was the cause, I started using it on only one side of my face. Sure enough, the side with the Mirvaso turned extremely red during the day. I am going to stop using this medicine. It was very expensive, but did not work for me."

TulsaOK (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2014

"Awful experience. First 2 days were perfect and then the rebound flushing began. I never have flushed that bad before. It was dark red/purple, painful and swollen. I should have stopped then but I kept thinking my skin would adjust. Didn't want to give up on it but finally quit using after 3 weeks. Took a week for the rebound flushing to quit after discontinuing use. I went back to my baseline redness everywhere but my forehead. It is redder than when I began treatment."

Be Careful June 29, 2014

"I first thought Mirvaso was effective, but it actually increased the redness of flushing and made my skin even hotter. After two weeks of trying it I have stopped using it and hope my rosacea goes back to what it was before, which was not good, but better than after using Mirvaso."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2014

"I was researching rosacea products, and discovered Mirvaso. Immediately, I asked my dermatologist for a prescription, and she also gave me some samples. I used it the very next day, and within minutes my face looked normal. It worked so well for the first few days, and all of the sudden. My face was bright red, tingly, blotchy and my nose would run like crazy. I thought to myself, " It can't be!" I really thought I found the answer to my life long embarrrasing constant redness. I had to know for sure that the medicine was the culprit, and I put it to the test. So the following week I put it to the test, and I discovered that it was the culprit. "

KCR2014 (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2014

"Mirvaso has really helped me. Like a lot of people online, I only use a little bit mixed with moisturizer before I apply it. It has been a blessing!"

Kari72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2014

"I've been using Mirvaso since it came out. It really helps me. I use a small amount and usually mix it with moisturizer or Metrogel before applying it"

Anonymous March 25, 2014

"Didn't work well for me at all. In fact it made my face even more red -even after I stopped using it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2014

"Within a half hour the redness starts to decrease and the flushing in my cheeks and nose disappears. This medicine has been incredibly helpful for my redness and swelling on my face from Rosacea. I wish I could thank the folks at the manufacturing company personally, its made a terrific improvement in my skin. I've been using it in the morning and Metrogel at night and its been a terrific combination. The medication is also non-drying and goes on quickly and is not shiny or oily."

superredfaceddude (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2014

"This product has worked wonders for my red nose, cheeks and forehead. Amazing!"

redman9876 (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2014

"My doctor gave me some free samples. I researched it and saw pictures. I also took pictures before & after. I was very impressed. About 1/2 hour after application my face looked normal with no redness. I had forgotten what my face looked like before Rosacea. I couldn't stop looking at my face. I could now see my freckles very clearly. My only question is how does it interact with moisturizers/make-up and if the effect is diminished by others creams used on top of Mirvaso. For now I can say I'm exited about this product and that finally there is something out there that actually makes a difference. Too bad it doesn't last all day."

Stell February 25, 2014

"I was given a sample of Mirvaso by my dermatologist. I applied it in the morning, as directed, and my face instantly became extremely red where it had been applied. This redness continued the entire day. The following morning the redness had subsided a bit but my face was still redder than normal. "

Sarmoti (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2013