User Reviews for Mirvaso

Learn more about Mirvaso.

Mirvaso Rating Summary

3.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Rosacea.

Reviews for Mirvaso to treat Rosacea

"DO NOT USE! I tried this product for two days. On day three my skin went purple on my cheeks and became very painful, like severe sunburn. I read a report from the company who make the stuff and they said that patients forget what they looked like before which is why they think it is worse! I took before and after pictures and I look like I've been burned! TERRIBLE STUFF! I rarely used to flush and now it won't go away!!!!"

Agro. (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

"I was prescribed mivaso from my dermatologist for rosacea, I suffer from flushing / red face - especially my cheeks. I applied it at night to see how it worked and I was very impressed!! All the redness had disappeared. I continued to use it every day for about a week (only a little bit in the morning before I did my make up) I thought it was a miracle cream, every now and then I would have hot cheeks and redness but I put that down to my rosacea and being flared up by something like coffee.......But then I started having rebound flushing, my face felt like it was on fire, my cheeks were red/purple it was hard to work or function in life. I had never experienced burning and flushing like that before. Stay away from this product!!!"

Dani89888 May 24, 2016

"Awful product! Was prescribed it by my dermatologist who said I had rosacae. Does remove all redness in less than 20 min but face starts flushing hard-core after 10 hours when product stops working. The whole time I used it I thought my rosacae had gotten worse and worse so I applied it daily instead of only iccasionally. Stopped the cream after one month to see what would happen, and in two days my face went back to normal and I don't even have rosacae anymore. Just a reaction to coffee. Bad doctor and bad drug. Stay away!"

Carobou May 18, 2016

"I tried this under doctor recommendation for my combined condition, it turned me white the 1st day. great. 36 hours later I was purple all over my face and still flushing 72 hours later. What am I supposed to do?"

MarkJ12345 May 9, 2016

"HORRIBLE! Paying $50 for this stuff was a waste. Dont waste your time"

Holsen (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

"If this could be marked in the negative I would be marking it as so. My gp gave me a sample as it costs $85 in Aust. I ask what the warnings were on this product and he said I'm not sure but the leaflet should tell you. In my opinion if Drs don't know the basics of what they prescribe or even look it up, then don't prescribe it!!! I used it for nearly a week and then all ofva sudden it felt like my cheeks were on fire and my face went itchy. In the last 24 hours my face which had mild roseaca and pustules, has exploded into a burning, itchy mess. I have been in tears all day andcnow knowing when I put makeup on so I can leave the house burns even more I am devistated. I need to take and pick up my son from school..how can I face people."

Shazld (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2016

"Am a 36 yr old male, Celtic bloodlines both sides and until 9 years ago of suitably pale disposition! Have rosacea for 9 yrs and have been on antibiotics (minocin 50mg) for 8 of them, along with annual IPL therapy. Was off the minocin until last week for a year when my dermatologist put me on 100mg and also prescribed me Mirvaso. I seem to have a reaction to the 100mg with red blotches and spots, so after 3 days I tried the Mirvaso. Used 3 times over 4 days. Worked a dream the first day, but effectiveness wore off. Last 2 days have suffered very very bad rebound flushing, tingling on cheeks followed by burning sensation. Hottest parts of flushing nearly purple. Booked in for IPL today to try and reduce redness/purpleness. Avoid."

BoscoBoy March 11, 2016

"Im 49 and I've had severe rosacea since I was 17, nothing I've tried worked until I was prescribed Mirvaso a year ago. I am so happy this is the medicine that finally works! The only problem is my insurance carrier for some stupid reason considers this 'cosmetic' and won't cover it!"

AZ Runner Lady (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2016

"I used this as I have had suffered with intense blushing and redness for over 4 years I am 23. Like most the first day was amazing my face was a normal colour ( seemed to good to be true ) over the next few days the rebound flushing was worse than I have ever experienced my face was boiling hot and dark red I had to attend meetings at work it was very hard . Not used it now for 3 days and still suffering from the intense flushing . Please for your sake DO NOT USE IT WILL MAKE IT WORSE"

UK-91 March 5, 2016

"I'm using a small amount applied with a qtip on the red area quite effective. I have a mild case of rosacea due to hormonal changes. I don't use it daily, only when needed and again, sparingly."

Cgskin (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2016

"I give it a 10"

Re crazy person (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2016

"Very bad expirience! appeared redness after 1 day of use, more than it was before. I will never use it again!"

Kassi12 February 12, 2016

"I used Mirvaso three times. Five months ago. It destroyed my life. I didn't know. The dermatologist was completely uneducated about the adverse events and did not inform me or warn me. She deceived me."

walkingdeadperson February 5, 2016

"I've had mild Rosacea for nearly 10 years. This is by far the best product to take the redness away, albeit temporarily. It is important that you use this product properly. Once a day and ideally at the same time every day. I use it in the mornings when I wake up and I combine it with Metrosa gel in the evenings. If not used in the right way back flushes of redness can occur but I have managed this by using both medications in a regimented manner. Metrosa on its own doesn't seem to do much but together with Mirvaso the pair work brilliantly."

Serdar (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2016

"I love this medication, it works perfectly for me. I apply a small amount only to the affected area and it clears up the redness on my cheeks. It also makes the heat go away. The redness clears up all day, which is what I need it to do. I haven't had a flare up for awhile, but it's back now and I will make sure I have plenty of Mirvaso on hand. I also have a coupon I found online that I'm hoping will help with the cost."

LibrarianArk (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2016

"I am 50 male and have had issues with Rosacea on and off for the past 5 years. I have tried many different products to try and control the redness that Rosacea causes to my face but none had any lasting effect until I tried Mirvaso. This product is Excellent as it clears my redness within 15-20 mins. I have used it for the past 6 months and I have to say it works miracles for me. As I travel a lot I make sure I always bring a tube with me. I understand that different products work differently on different people and I am sorry to hear that this product might not work for everyone but for me when anyone says they have a problem with Rosacea I highly recommend this product. It's Fantastic!"

Monel January 27, 2016

"I would not recommend this product to anyone. I was given a small sample from my derm and like many people here it worked for the first ten hours. After the ten hours my face would flush and burn worse than ever before I've taken it for three days now and am quitting immediately. I would have quit sooner but I wasn't sure if the mirvaso was causing the redness. I just can't believe derms are handing this stuff out so readily ."

Tsssb (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2016

"I don't normally review products I've used, but I made sure to share my experience with Mirvaso. I am 20 and have had extreme redness for about 12 years now. I finally went to the dermatologist who then recommended mirvaso. I used it for about four days. The first day seemed to take away the redness completely. Thrilled, I continued use and it went downhill quickly. After the 6-8 hours of clear skin was up, it flared up way worse than it was before. I stopped using it but still see splotches of intense red all over. DO NOT USE. Waste of time."

Sara90 January 6, 2016

"My rosacea is only noticeable/active during the winter and after hot showers. I was mostly being vain when asking for this, and truly learned my lesson. I used Mirvaso twice (pea- sized amounts) and while it made getting ready in the morning easier for those two days because it worked almost instantly, on the third day my face was a PLUM. I had dark purple-ish welts/bumps all over my cheeks. Later, my entire face was red, swollen, burning, itching for 2 WEEKS. Absolutely nothing worked to make the burning redness stop (benadryl, soothing creams, naturual remedies). I never in my life experienced anything this terrible. It's been a while but I feel like I still have an uneven complexion in comparison to before."

Worst Rebound EVER (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2016

"I wasted 50 bucks on this! I had a horrible experience and wished I had read these reviews before I used it. It gave me horrible rebound flushing after one use! This stuff should not be on the market!"

Gwen K December 27, 2015

"Do not use this product! I had/have all the same negative symptoms listed below by others. In addition, I had massive migraine headaches, sore throat, runny nose, stomach issues, itching in areas I did not use the product, acne, dry eyes and a sty. I reported these issues to the FDA and highly suggest you do the same. They will re-evaluate the product if they have enough reports"

Mirvaso December 18, 2015

"I had used Metrogel for years, but it didn't seem to be making a difference any more, so I went to a derm & he prescribed Mirvaso. I should have walked away when I saw the price! The first couple of days I used it, my face and along my hairline itched. Redness increased and acne appeared. I stayed with it for two weeks; the flushing got worse and my face burned, along with my ears & neck. Acne increased. But the worst effect was the headaches. I have migraines that I finally was able to manage with 2 prescriptions. The derm didn't tell me a side effect of Mirvaso. Did The FDA approved this?"

Flame Red December 16, 2015

"Not good. The first few days were fine though not overly impressive, after that more redness and itching. It also doesn't appear to compatible with any of the moisturizers I have tried. I've stopped using it and my face is less red and much better. $20 in the garbage, I would not recommend this to anyone. And judging by all the others with issues I'm surprised it's still on the market."

NoNameNeeded December 11, 2015

"It works great while it is applied, but I feel it is too powerful of a treatment option for this condition due to the withdrawal my face has had while coming off it. Also, my rosacea comes up in different areas of my face that I have never had redness in the past. Lastly, I sometimes get a very subtle rash on my forehead while using it. I spoke with my dermatologist and they suggested I stopped using it due to adverse reactions."

naaaa December 10, 2015

"Omg...I was so excited after I tried this the first day! I had forgotten what I looked like without red cheeks. But then after the second day I had a few bumps on my cheeks and the redness did not disappear like it did the day before. Tried it again and now my cheeks are VERY red & hot. This must not work on fair skin. I'm disappointed in this product. I look worse now than I did before I tried it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015