User Reviews for Mirvaso

Learn more about Mirvaso.

Mirvaso Rating Summary

4.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 90 medications used in the treatment of Rosacea.

Reviews for Mirvaso to treat Rosacea

"I love this medication, it works perfectly for me. I apply a small amount only to the affected area and it clears up the redness on my cheeks. It also makes the heat go away. The redness clears up all day, which is what I need it to do. I haven't had a flare up for awhile, but it's back now and I will make sure I have plenty of Mirvaso on hand. I also have a coupon I found online that I'm hoping will help with the cost."

LibrarianArk (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2016

"I don't normally review products I've used, but I made sure to share my experience with Mirvaso. I am 20 and have had extreme redness for about 12 years now. I finally went to the dermatologist who then recommended mirvaso. I used it for about four days. The first day seemed to take away the redness completely. Thrilled, I continued use and it went downhill quickly. After the 6-8 hours of clear skin was up, it flared up way worse than it was before. I stopped using it but still see splotches of intense red all over. DO NOT USE. Waste of time."

Sara90 January 6, 2016

"My rosacea is only noticeable/active during the winter and after hot showers. I was mostly being vain when asking for this, and truly learned my lesson. I used Mirvaso twice (pea- sized amounts) and while it made getting ready in the morning easier for those two days because it worked almost instantly, on the third day my face was a PLUM. I had dark purple-ish welts/bumps all over my cheeks. Later, my entire face was red, swollen, burning, itching for 2 WEEKS. Absolutely nothing worked to make the burning redness stop (benadryl, soothing creams, naturual remedies). I never in my life experienced anything this terrible. It's been a while but I feel like I still have an uneven complexion in comparison to before."

Worst Rebound EVER (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2016

"I wasted 50 bucks on this! I had a horrible experience and wished I had read these reviews before I used it. It gave me horrible rebound flushing after one use! This stuff should not be on the market!"

Gwen K December 27, 2015

"Do not use this product! I had/have all the same negative symptoms listed below by others. In addition, I had massive migraine headaches, sore throat, runny nose, stomach issues, itching in areas I did not use the product, acne, dry eyes and a sty. I reported these issues to the FDA and highly suggest you do the same. They will re-evaluate the product if they have enough reports"

Mirvaso December 18, 2015

"I had used Metrogel for years, but it didn't seem to be making a difference any more, so I went to a derm & he prescribed Mirvaso. I should have walked away when I saw the price! The first couple of days I used it, my face and along my hairline itched. Redness increased and acne appeared. I stayed with it for two weeks; the flushing got worse and my face burned, along with my ears & neck. Acne increased. But the worst effect was the headaches. I have migraines that I finally was able to manage with 2 prescriptions. The derm didn't tell me a side effect of Mirvaso. Did The FDA approved this?"

Flame Red December 16, 2015

"Not good. The first few days were fine though not overly impressive, after that more redness and itching. It also doesn't appear to compatible with any of the moisturizers I have tried. I've stopped using it and my face is less red and much better. $20 in the garbage, I would not recommend this to anyone. And judging by all the others with issues I'm surprised it's still on the market."

NoNameNeeded December 11, 2015

"It works great while it is applied, but I feel it is too powerful of a treatment option for this condition due to the withdrawal my face has had while coming off it. Also, my rosacea comes up in different areas of my face that I have never had redness in the past. Lastly, I sometimes get a very subtle rash on my forehead while using it. I spoke with my dermatologist and they suggested I stopped using it due to adverse reactions."

naaaa December 10, 2015

"Omg...I was so excited after I tried this the first day! I had forgotten what I looked like without red cheeks. But then after the second day I had a few bumps on my cheeks and the redness did not disappear like it did the day before. Tried it again and now my cheeks are VERY red & hot. This must not work on fair skin. I'm disappointed in this product. I look worse now than I did before I tried it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

"Had beautiful skin. Spent life caring for it. Developed light flushing as side effect from antibiotics. Went to derm (as recommended online). Derm prescribed mirvaso. With 1st use it completely destroyed my life. My skin went dead pale & my ears turned hot & red (didn't apply it to ears). 48 hours later entire face turned red (did not apply it to entire face). Face began developing a rash getting worse and worse for 3 months. For 3 months have had a severe flushing disorder induced by Mirvaso (not better yet). All food caused flushing. Have health problems from weight loss. On a strict diet (there are 21 foods I am able to eat). Can't lie down. Lost job. Nerve pain in nose, jaw, gums, lips, eyes, ears. Burning soap in eyes feeling"

DestroyedLife November 19, 2015

"Wish I had read these reviews before wasting $86. First application was at night next morning the redness was gone second night a little while after using had bright red cheeks gave it one more try my cheeks and nose were red and had pimples over nose face very hot and burning this took days to settle down. Have gone back to using Rozex. Galderma must know this product causes more problems to us who suffer from rosacea. They should have to refund money wasted on this product. Don't touch this product bad news."

jump22 (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

"I have had mild rosacea for over 20 years with occasion mild breakouts. Normally it is well managed and not visible unless I have had a bad few days. I have it over nose & upper cheeks (T Zone) with blemishes when its bad. Normally I use Rozex. I was given Mirvaso as an alternative and after 5 days I had to take time off work because it inflamed so bad it turned my nose and upper cheeks a dark red / purple. Never use this cream, it feeds back on itself. i am still waiting for the redness to drop after 48 hours of not using it. Stay away."

GKD (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2015

"Bottom line: Didn't work for me. I had wanted to try this a few years back but it was too expensive even with insurance. I went to (yet another) derm to see if he had any new suggestions for my redness and he Rx'd this. He gave me a sample and info for a company he uses, IRMAT, that will guarantee cost of $80 if your insurance will not cover. I used the sample, which only lasted 3 days, and thought perhaps it was working so I filled the Rx. After about 7 days, my redness was worse AND I broke out, which I don't normally do. I had to stop using it and go back to my MetroGel but the redness will not subside and the breakouts won't go away either. So back to the derm I go...."

bwrn (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2015

"Overall, I have had a very positive experience with this medication. It is a little pricey though. It has helped me look good when I need to."

Joann X September 2, 2015

"Never , never , never use this cream !!!!!! It doesn't help in any way !!!! I'm so angry and disappointed because my face is extremely red after this cream!!! I finished my 6 months accutane and went to my derm because I have little red blemishes from acne. He gave me samples of this cream. I applied it at night. In the morning my face was like snow. I haven't seen my face like that before, but closer to the evening my face turned bright red .!! Now it's the second day after this cream and my face is still red. I'm extremely disappointed in this cream !!!!! I want to sue the mircaso company !!!!!! How people can make such harmful products for face ???!!!"

Iri August 31, 2015

"Started using Mirvaso -- the first 3 days it worked great was so pleased,but as the days went by it started to leave my face red and itched so this was and is not the med for me now have to wait it out to see if my color goes away"

mar546 (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2015

"I've been suffering from moderate rosacea for 6 years. I went to a new dermatologist and she gave me several samples of Mirvaso. She told me to try it for at least 14 days. I put it on my cheeks every day but didn't notice any improvement in the redness. However, I continued as instructed by my dermatologist. Around day 10, I woke up to see that almost my entire face (not just my cheeks) was swollen and with a dark red color that I'd never seen on my skin before. Not even during my worst rosacea flare-ups was my skin this inflamed, red, and splotchy. I've tried aloe vera and chamomile tea on face, but to no avail. I hope the redness subsides soon - I'm worried! And I'm calling my dermatologist - she should warn future patients!"

Emanny (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2015

"Not perfect but a great solution to redness. Read some of the blogs and online comments for use options. I started with a low dose and ramped up. It definitely helps me."

Simon sez August 11, 2015

"I tried Mirvaso as recommended by my dermatologist. He gave me samples to try. The first few days using it, I was so excited. My face looked clear of redness and "normal". I loved what I saw and thought there was finally something out there that would combat the redness for good. After a few days at night when I washed off the medication, I noticed that my face looked redder than ever. It looked red like a tomato and a little swollen. I continued using the medication thinking it was my skin adjusting to it. Wrong! The redness only continued and got worse. I stopped using Mirvaso for good. Hopefully others have a better outcome than I did."

lollyjamuson August 3, 2015

"I have Rosacea. A dermatologist that wasn't worth his weight in gold gave me this medicine to use. Before I did, I researched it and found terrible reviews. All In all, I figured my Dr knew what he was talking about and ignored everyone saying how bad it was. I put it on and my Rosacea went away then 40 min later it was so bad my face burnt and turned tomato red. I stopped using after 4 days and my face was permanently red for 5 days after using this product. I would have figured I was the only one with a bad reaction if other people didn't complain about it too. Please! Find another product to use!!! How many bad reviews does it need to steer you away?!!"

Krys1018 August 2, 2015

"I tried a tiny amount smaller than pea sized on my forehead and cheeks ONE TIME and had the worst rebound flushing for SEVERAL MONTHS. Finally after 14 MONTHS of not using the drug my face is getting back to the baseline pre-mirvaso. I would hate to see how much damage this drug could do over long term use if just one use wrecked my face for over a year. I would absolutely not recommend this for anyone, I'm actually surprised Galderma still even has this on the market."

Ro7 July 26, 2015

"Day 4 and I am experiencing the rebound redness for the fisrt time. My entire face looks like it has sunburn. I am afraid based on what I have read that if I continue to use it the rebound redness will get worse. I'm happy that something was made to help people with rosacea...and am hopeful that they will find a reason for the rebound redness and alter the medication."

m1977 (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2015

"Have tried about everything for rosecea. Metrogel mirvaso lasers chamomile and finally went to get a holistic spa treatment where I got facial. She said your rosecea is bad going to use mix of rose extract oil and Moroccan oil. My redness was gone the entire day. Bought these oils online and not greasy. Not only is my rosecea under control but I have a nice healthy glow and was actually carded. The girl said I look under 40 they card under 40. I am 50 years old. My skin looks and feels younger and is so hydrated."

tinammm July 17, 2015

"Like many of these other readers I've had the same experience. I was given samples to try by a dermatologist and I applied it on a Saturday afternoon. Sunday afternoon I looked in the mirror and was in shock. My face was super blotchy and a very intense red spottiness. Definitely worse looking that it had ever been initially. It almost leaves skin with a withdrawal type symptom. I cannot afford laser treatment and I do not know where else to turn as I wake up every morning like this and am having to rely on this lotion to clear my face to be presentable at my job."

Anonymous July 13, 2015

"I have always had red cheeks, when I was really young I loved having rosy cheeks, I always thought they maked me look healthy. But as a got older the redness increased 100% and I would try every type of makeup and green concealer to cover my cheeks. I was so disgraced by them and could never take my makeup off in front of my friends, even close family. I went to the dermatologist and they suggested Mirvaso, I have been so much happier ever since using it. My redness goes away completely after an hour and stays perfect for the whole day, my skin is so sensitive and it doesn't irritate it or burn, but recently my skin has broken out horribly and I have hundreds of small bumps all along my cheeks. You can't see them inside but in natural light they seem to multiply and look 100 times worse. I don't know if it is from this product but I hope it's not, because I love having pale non red skin."

Georgieee (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2015