User Reviews for Dulcolax

Learn more about Dulcolax.

Dulcolax Rating Summary

5.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 184 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Dulcolax to treat Constipation

"It definitely makes you go but omg the nausea is awful. I didn't throw up but I couldn't even talk or move in bed because I had to concentrate so hard not to throw u . The stomach pain is really awful. Comparison is to like the stomach flu. I've been taking laxatives for years and never have I felt this before. Especially after reading all these reviews I know I'm not the only one. Too intense. Like....damn I wanted a BM but not to get the flu with it geez"

Needed to go (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2016

"It didn't do anything. I took probably 8 over the course of 12 hours (a few every 4 hours, not all at once!). Still nothing! It did leave a really weird taste in my mouth that made me nauseous. Waste of money."

BiBimBap May 2, 2016

"I've taken dulcolax before and didn't have a bad experience so I wasn't prepared for what was to come. I was slightly constipated and had to call into work yesterday due to really painful cramps so last night I took ONE dulcolax around 10pm, had a midnight snack (easy mac) and then fell asleep. I don't even remember getting to the toilet but all of a sudden I was on the toilet and it was like a tap turned on full and cringing in pain from my stomach, I was so weak, dizzy, sweaty, once the diarrhea would stop I'd tumble off the toilet onto the floor and lay in the fetal position crying. Thank God for my boyfriend he got me a water and a plastic bin so I could poo and vomit at the same time. It was miserable. It's 1130a now and I'm still having cramps"

Horrible yucky fuck May 2, 2016

"The expierence was awful, but the reviews here seem to be inaccurate. First, you feel as if gas is stuck inside of you. Second, comes a wave of nausea. Third, you're on the toilet for almost an hour and a half and in extreme pain. The pain isn't ER worthy at all. Advil helped me. Once you go #2 and everything flushes your system you're left with diarrhea and the cramps right before going to the restroom. The pain for me was on my sides and abdomen. Also, the pain was on my back and my hips. I took three. DO NOT TAKE 2-3 PILLS. TAKE ONLY ONE. One has the desired effects without the majority of the pain. I hope this helped"

N/A... April 25, 2016

"Very effective in stimulating a BM. However, this medicine can cause bad stomach cramps, bloating and nausea. I'm used to this as I have had constipation my whole life so take laxatives a lot. However, I would only take this if more natural methods of relieving constipation aren't working. Definitely do not take this medicine if you are out or working the next day! you won't feel well."

Anna19 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2016

"I have never in my life felt that helpless! Extreme pain, nausea, and felt faint. Don't take this if you are home alone. I was throwing up and having the runs at the same time! Barely had the energy to call my husbands name for help. He got me a cold rag and a water! I couldn't have gotten it myself it was that horrific! But it defintely relieves constipation! It's 100% going to clean your guts out! I took 2."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2016

"I was constipated for a few days so I decided to give these a shot...never again. The most severe stomach cramps I've ever had in my life, and they lasted for two hours. Two hours of sweating profusely, lying on the bathroom floor crying from the pain, considering how embarrassing an ER visit would be at 3 am because of Dulcolax cramps. It's like period cramps but a hundred times worse. When the medicine finally did its job, it produced staggered streams of hot lava for the remainder of the night. Needless to say, the intense pain wasn't worth the small, painful BM."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016

"I thought I was going to die. I vomited everything in my stomach out on the bathroom floor. I considered calling 911. once I vomited I felt better. Never again will I take this dulcolax."

Tonybaloni616 April 22, 2016

"Well I have taken 5mg on several occasions and it did the job fine but then 5mg stopped working. I hadn't pooped in like 5 days so I took 10mg late last night. I have a flu/cold so I should have known my body would be more sensitive. Woke up out of a dead sleep at 6 am and been having lots of very watery diarrhea since. Took 3 imodium with no effect what so ever. I can't stop pooping."

Chickenwing (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

"Reading the reviews on people's experience with pain I feel they are missing the point that the pain is all the crap moving its way down. I experienced the same sort of pain this morning but it's the same pain I get when I haven't been for days and it all finally starts moving. It doubles me over and takes my breath away. So I think the pain is a sign that there's a lot of crap inside that needs to move."

Mel B April 9, 2016

"NEVER EVER take these. I took the reccomend dose of 3 before I went to bed around 10:30 p.m about 1 a.m. I started having severe stomach stomach pain and nausea. I had to get a trash can the nausea was that bad. I laid in bed doubled over in pain for about an hour and then thankfully was able to nod off to be rudely awakend to horrific stomach cramps almost as bad as giving birth to my having contractions. It's was like 4:30 a.m. . I had horrible diarhea. I went back to bed and five minutes later I had to jump up to go again. Then again and again and again. Here it is about 5:30 a.m. and I'm on my bathroom floor sweating feeling like I'm dying. I almost considered going to the ER the side effects are that bad. If you don't want to feel like you're dying then please save yourself and do not take these and suffer. These are horrible. I can't believe these are over the counter."

dancer with cancer (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

"Honestly this stuff is extremely effective and will make you poop a LOT, but I'm not sure if it's worth the awful pain in my stomach! :/"

Unknown147 April 3, 2016

"NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!! Please NO ONE take Dulcolax. I, like a few others in this forum, have been on an eating plan for weight loss. Without much fibre, I've been suffering from constipation. I finally had enough and took 2 Dulcolax last night at around 11.30pm as recommended on the box. At 4.15am I woke up with excruciating stomach cramps as well as indigestion. I went to the bathroom and had a small BM came out. I went back and forth probably 5 times with diarrhea, feeling sweaty, dizzy and thought I was going to faint. On the last time, I felt like I was going to vomit. I ran to the bathroom and violently vomited everything in my stomach. This was followed by liquid diarrhea (felt like hot water) for the next while. Pls beware. NEVER AGAIN"

Clarissa002 April 2, 2016

"I was constipated due to some medicine I was on following oral surgery. I have never taken a laxative because I never had issues. So I took 2 pills before bed and honestly it was the worst decision I have ever made! Wish I had researched before. I had all the horrible side effects for hours. I am still in bed 15 hours after taking those stupid pills. The sweats are gone but my stomach is cramping and I can't sit up without feeling nauseous. Save yourselves. Please do not take this drug. Frankly I think it should not be sold OTC."

Lizalobster (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2016

"Took one pill around 11:30 at night just to try it out because I have never taken a laxative before. Then I decided to read the reviews on this website and was horrified for what was about to come. I took two ibuprofen just in case and finally got to bed around 3. It woke me up at 5 in the morning and did its job just fine in about a half an hour and I then I woke back up at around 11am and it did it again with no pain. This worked for me!"

Alessandra24 March 27, 2016

"It works but never again. It feels like stabbing in the stomach region. Still doing a number 2. Feels like I would be here for a while :("

Awesome11111 March 26, 2016

"So, since I started my diet which consists of eating better, constipation has been an issue. I made the grave error of purchasing this medicine. I took ONE out of the suggested dose of three tablet. This was around 8:00 p.m. Around 10:00 p.m or so, I was feeling unwell and decided to go to bed early. To sum things up, I was constantly on the toilet from 12:00 a.m to about 5:00 a.m when I finally decided to try to head to my bed. I've had diarrhea before, but never to this level where it's thin like liquid and constantly comes out (even when I was half asleep on the toilet). Please trust me on this. Constipation is ten times better than shitting your intestines out with a merciless sickness."

I feel like Niagara Falls March 25, 2016

"Do not take!! I woke up 2 hours after taking the pills confused, dizzy, sweaty, pukeing, and I've never had stomach cramps so bad in my life. I went back to bed at 12, and woke up at 7am with the same problems! I'd rather be constipated than take that again."

Oyeahoo March 24, 2016

"Please don't take the pills! The suppositories are great though! I took 2 around 4:30pm. Before bed I had a terrible burning feeling in my abdomen. At 1:30 I woke up in pain and went to the bathroom. Seemed to be nothing but gas-the worst possible gas you could ever have trapped inside you! I actually thought I was dying and wanted to call 911. Thirty minutes of this then I finally pooped. Not much, soft but formed. Back to bed, an hour later the diarrhea started. It's 5am and it hasn't stopped. Explosive watery smelly awful stuff. Felt like hot lava. Do not give this to children. Or adults. Never ever take these. I'm throwing them out! I gave it a 2 because it technically works. I actually lost 2 pounds (so far) :("

Miserablemaam (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2016

"Ok soo I was suffering from constipation that made me bloat really bad so I decided to take this medicine. I've taken it 2 times before and the first time was pretty bad like this time. The second time I look 2 pills and it wasn't that bad but OMGG this time when I took 3 I felt like I was about to pass out seriously. My mouth kept watering like I was gonna vomit, my stomach was in the worst pain ever! It was honestly almost worse than my gallstone pain and I felt like my head was gonna roll off of my body because I was so weak, my face turned really pale and its just a really bad experience but it does the job. Just really bad side effects."

PrincessJay (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2016

"Do not buy Ducolax! I've rarely been that sick! Worst side effects ever!!! I may be sounding a bit dramatic but I'm on my own and thought I was going to die on my bathroom floor... Awful experience. Never again!"

Eureuasar March 18, 2016

"DO NOT TAKE THIS!!! I've been losing weight and trying to tweak my meal plan but I sometimes don't get enough fiber and then become constipated. I took a single dulcolax before bed and woke up around 11:30 in extreme pain. I went to the bathroom and had a BM but immediately after I got so warm. I sat on the bathroom floor thinking I was going to die. I then proceeded to vomit. I will never take this again."

Sarah991 (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2016

"I took dulcolax and it just made me puke, no BM. This is the worst product I have ever used in my life. I have the chills and puked 2 times with this product. Id rather be constipated than have this."

Sick01 March 15, 2016

"PLEASE, NEVER TAKE THIS. I am a petite 22 year old ,130 lbs. I took 2 tablets which 3 is directed around 10pm before bed. I woke up at 4am dripping sweat, with the most EXCRUCIATING stomach pains I have ever endured in my life. I was sooo dizzy . I was in such pain running back and forth to the bathroom that I woke up my parents. I was screaming and BEGGING to go to the ER. Because it was worst pain than the stomach bug. I could barley even speak. This medication should be BANNED from all stores that sell it . PLZ TAKE MY ADVICE. I was at the point where I was about to call out of my 8am shift. But I curled up in the fetal position crying myself back to sleep."

Alexandra133 March 14, 2016

"By far, the worst experience I've had with any medicine. I almost called an ambulance, no exaggeration. I've never used a product like this before and chose it based on the package implying that you take it, it works overnight, and produces a normal BM the next day. Um, no...I woke up about 2AM confused, sweating, cramping, and could barely stand. I essentially crawled to the toilet and, once there, kept nearly blacking out and gagging. I was clammy and pale, irregular heartbeat, shaking, extremely weak - What literally stopped me from calling 911 was that I didn't bring my phone into the bathroom and after I violently eliminated for a few mins, I started feeling less like I was dying. Can't emphasize enough, this stuff is so effing awful."

Nooooooooooooooooooope March 9, 2016