User Reviews for Qvar

7.6
Summary of Qvar reviews 10 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Qvar

Review by Donna Carol (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Asthma, Maintenance: I have severe asthma/COPD and have tried different inhalers through the years most only gave me a deeper voice and white patches in my mouth. That has not been my experience with Qvar 80. This medication has really helped my breathing with no white patches or deepened voice. I take 2 puffs am/pm and I am really pleased.

January 15, 2014 10:23 PM

For Asthma, Maintenance: Too many serious side effects. If you're on this medicine and you are experiencing unusual effects, and suspect this medicine then tell your Dr immediately.

August 12, 2013 2:17 PM

Review by Itchy and scratchy (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Asthma, Maintenance: I have had allergy induced asthma for less than a year now. I was put on Qvar without being told of any side effects. After one month of being on it using one puff in the morning and one before bed I noticed a rash on my chest only and white spots on my tongue. I also noticed that when I was speaking that my voice would get deep and soon change back to normal. I started to go to a new doctor and was given antibiotics for the tongue yeast infection. I also had blood work done and was told that my vitamin D bone density levels were low so I now take vitamin D to take up for it. My chest rash got so bad that I had to stop the Qvar. I see a new doctor tomorrow but the two I saw after being put on Qvar could not figure out why my rash was so bad.

March 3, 2013 11:26 PM

Review by Missouritiger (taken for less than 1 month):

For Asthma, Maintenance: I was on Advair 250/50 when I changed insurance and my new insurance company didn't want to pay for Advair unless I tried Qvar first, and it failed. So, I started using Qvar 80. I was without any asthma medicines while this insurance thing was going on. Good news is that Qvar seems to work better for me than Advair. I didn't realize how bad asthma could get by stopping a medicine for only a week. The Qvar is taking care of that, though. I think it is a great medicine for me.

October 28, 2012 7:31 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Asthma, Maintenance: I've been on Qvar 40 for 4 years because of drastically out of control asthma. It works great for controlling the asthma but it aggravates a heart condition that I have- PVC- so I'm unable to use it as prescribed. Instead of twice a day I use it once every other day. About 2 months ago I ran out and couldn't afford to get to the doctor for a new prescription so I just went without it. My breathing got so bad that I felt like I was living on my rescue inhaler. Just finally got my new prescription today and after one use I'm already feeling better. The only downside to this medication is the cost and since I don't have insurance it's all out of pocket.

May 3, 2012 2:28 PM

Review by becsup:

For Asthma, Maintenance: I have asthma that flared whenever I got a cold, in the spring and with exercise. After 2 rounds of bronchitis in a few months I was put on Qvar and it has helped significantly. I still get the occasional flare with a cold and need my albuterol before exercise but other than that I have been pretty well controlled with Qvar.

March 17, 2012 2:25 PM

For Bronchitis: I have been on Qvar for 12 days now and my breathing has improved very much. I still need to use my rescue inhaler once during the night but I feel like this will not be on going. Yesterday I had to go outside for a bit and it was quite cold, as soon as I finished what I had to do, without thinking, I turned and ran back inside. After I was back inside it dawned on me that just a week ago running was out of the question as was was walking very far. My 25 yard dash did not cause me any breathing problems. So far I have not experianced any side effects either for which I am very grateful. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

February 16, 2012 5:34 PM

For Asthma, Maintenance: I recently went on QVAR to help control my moderate asthma. I felt the effects within the first week of use. I used to wheeze and cough with every weather change, laughing, or cheering at hockey games. Since starting, I have only had to use my rescue inhaler once. The only negative is that it is causing my voice to faulter and I have a sore throat sometimes. I will gladly take those small inconveniences for the overall benefits of this medicine.

June 11, 2010 9:40 AM

For Asthma, Maintenance: I would personally give QVAR 80 a 10 out of 10. I used my albuterol rescue inhaler 2-3 times a day and 1-2 in the middle of the night. I'd wake up tight-chested and wheezing for no reason, exercise gave me asthma attacks as did my animal/plant allergies, changes in the weather and even laughing. Since being on QVAR, I don't use my albuterol at all, like once every couple of months. That's why I was so happy for my 5 1/2 year old son when his pediatrician put him on QVAR...he only had attacks when he had a virus. Every single cold would go directly to his chest. However, after being on QVAR for 4 weeks (and not having had any colds, we don't know its effectiveness) he has been having the most long, dragged out and intense tantrums.

March 7, 2009 5:44 PM

Review by mheidelberger:

For Asthma, Maintenance: I have been using it for about a month now, and my reliance on my rescue inhaler have decreased considerably. When you first start taking it, be patient because it takes a few weeks before you notice it starting to work.

May 13, 2008 2:24 PM