User Reviews for Atorvastatin

Also known as: Lipitor

Learn more about Atorvastatin.

High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous 3 reviews 14 medications

High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous 2 reviews 8 medications

4.7
Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 358 medications

Hyperlipoproteinemia 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia... beta-VLDL IDL 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...Ia, Elevated LDL 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...vated LDL VLDL 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...V, Elevated VLDL 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Atorvastatin reviews 52 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Atorvastatin

Lipitor (atorvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I have been taking Lipitor for 8 years now with no problems whatsoever."

Harold Sr. (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2015

For High Cholesterol: "I had high cholesterol for 2 plus years. After less than 2 months on Atorvastatin, my cholesterol is normal. I have had side effects, headaches and muscles aching, but the Atorvastatin works, and worked very quickly for me. Great medication!"

hfu April 16, 2015

For High Cholesterol: "Excellent drug Also increases HDL decrease triglycerides few or none side effects"

guiso (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2015

For High Cholesterol: "Atorvastatin prescribed for years. on January woke up with severe leg cramps in both legs, aching in morning, couldn't walk any distance, joint pains severe, back so painful. Doc never mentioned it could be tabs and I couldn't believe a neighbour who was exactly the same as me. Her doc took her off them and she's back to her gym routine and never felt better!!! I've stopped them 3 days ago and I've never felt better. Started back at my gym."

housebound but better now. (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 6, 2015

Lipitor (atorvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I've been on Lipitor (Atorvastin) 40mg for about 6 years and complained about leg cramps for 5 of those years. All I kept hearing was the "low on potassium" with never a solution. The cramps have been unrelenting and at times, all day long. Legs, feet, toes, fingers. Talking to a friend about this the other day, she said she had to stop taking Lipitor due to leg cramps. Well, knock me down. I never associated this cramping with my cholesterol medication. I stopped taking it a week ago and haven't had one single cramp! Now I have to find another cholesterol medication but it sounds like all of them can have this side effect."

carolo43 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 5, 2015

For High Cholesterol: "I started this last night at bed time. Woke up with cramping and sore muscles In my legs back and sides."

pepziman (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2015

For High Cholesterol: "I only took Atorvastatin (40mg tabs) for two days and noticed a slight rash all over my torso. The next day it had spread and looked redder. Nurse said to take Benadryl and go to ER if it became worse. "

Cheryl LH March 13, 2015

Lipitor (atorvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I'm 58 always kept in shape and ate well but LDL was still elevated. I'm not sure if it's coincidental but I have more energy, better in bed and have not had an a-fibrilation episode since I've been on 10mg daily. I know it sounds like a commercial but that has been my experience. My main or larger arteries are clear of plaque but I may have had blocking of the smaller ones and the Lipitor may have helped clear them. Or I'm just lucky."

sfzhm (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 1, 2015

Lipitor (atorvastatin) for Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: "Continuous muscle pain on back of both thighs. Discontinued use after two weeks & a few days and the pain is gone."

Kpreuss (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 26, 2015

For High Cholesterol: "Many horrible side effects made taking it impossible."

Kathy99 (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2015

For High Cholesterol: "I take 10 mg daily. I have muscle, back as well as joint pain. Not sure if it is caused by statin. Will keep monitoring."

Happymen December 30, 2014

For High Cholesterol: "Never had such side effects as I did when taking atorvastatin. Quality of life went out the window unable to dress myself below the waste because of very bad muscle pain and weakness in the legs unable to walk more than 100 yards. Unable to bend down. Have now stopped taking it and quality of life is now back to normal after one week."

addo (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 17, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "I went to a Lipidologist to find out why my HDL was better than optimal, but my LDL-p was close to 2000 (should be under 1000). Found out it was due to genetics, and no amount of exercise and healthy food would matter. She put me on Atorvastatin, and two months later my LDL-p was at 740. I have had absolutely no side effects in a year of use. Would I like to be off of all meds? Sure, but my low thyroid and high LDL suggest otherwise. So, up to now, all is well."

Sue b. March 8, 2014

Lipitor (atorvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "My cardiologist took me off Lipitor 2 weeks ago-my cholesterol is great after being on a low carb diet. Previously my body was covered in bruises at all times which I had attributed to other medicines(Plavix and aspirin) I Just realized I am bruise free for the first time in over a year. Conclusion: it was the Lipitor causing the problem. "

nana500 October 3, 2013

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Lipitor (atorvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Took Lipitor for about 5 years. It kept my lipids under control well, but developed severe leg aching and muscle cramps, especially at night. Went off it and within a week, all these reactions disappeared."

Kate g August 27, 2013

193 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Lipitor (atorvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I have taken this for 8 years but it makes me feel like a zombie. And it affects my memory and motor skills. I recently went back to work and had to quit the lipitor because it affected my ability to work. Don't know what I will try next. Started on Crestor 9 years ago and couldn't stand the pain in my legs."

momlovestobake August 14, 2013

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "Severe back and joint pain which started all of a sudden without explanation."

Chocolat Chips July 6, 2013

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Lipitor (atorvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Have been on this so long but recently I feel it creates nausea and stomach/abdominal pain. No matter when I take it with or without food I seem to get this reaction. My Dr is stumped, but I cannot get past this awful "sick" feeling all the time. When I stop taking it I do much better. When I start again the same thing happens. My only other prescription is for High blood pressure and is the same as I have always taken so we figure it is not that. "

jcvdm (taken for 10 years or more) June 2, 2013

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "After two months I have low cholesterol and triglycerides. I take 10mgs daily for 60 days."

Xavier hinojo (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2013

For High Cholesterol: "At 40 mg, I experienced numbness, tingling, and burning in my toes and fingers. Cold fingers and feet as well. This occurred over a period of 3 weeks. Stopped taking the pill, and symptoms disappeared. I experienced similar issues when taking lipitor 40mg as well. I can tolerate doses only up to 20 mg."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2013

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "I took it one day and had to stop. Didn't read the pamphlet and I took it before I went to bed. Not for me since I have osteoarthritis and degenerative disc disease with back muscle spasms. I also have thyroid, vertigo, sinus problems, stomach and bowel issues. I have been on pain killers for my pain for over 10 years, so I was afraid that this medication was going to not mix well with my medicines. But, the next day, my right ear was completely blocked, I had a headache with fuzziness. So weak I had to take the day off of work and go back to bed, slept all day. My face was a gray color and my eyes looked like I was in pain. I drank a lot of water to flush this one pill out of me and felt much better. "

GJL (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2013

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous: "My doctor switched me from simvastin 80 mg to atrovastatin 20 mg because my cholesterol started to go up again from 130 to 154. This is only day four of taking this medicine and I feel like I was hit by a brick wall. I feel so tired and have to force myself to get out of bed. I also feel that's its effecting my cognitive abilities.. Calling my doctor today to switch..."

Bpk (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2013

For High Cholesterol: "Lipitor from Pfizer completely controlled my cholesterol for over 8 years. Within 3-4 months of using a generic my doctor saw a rise in cholesterol, and I am at lower weight, and exercising more. I have switched to Lipitor from Pfizer, will re-test in 3 months and report findings."

LVMarco (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2013

Lipitor (atorvastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Lipitor plus Zetia lowered cholesteral from 300 to 200, lots of aches, pains and charley-horses in the legs especially going up and down stairs. High cholesteral prominent in the family genes. Now have nasty skin rashes red welts with itch that is a torture, dermatology, allergist and GP have no answers. I am guessing it is the statins as its the only other thing I take is a LD aspirin. "

mizzannie (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 14, 2012

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "I have only been taking this medicine for 1 month, 10 mg every other day. Already I am experiencing severe joint and muscle pain. This has happened to me every time I have taken statin drugs. I will be going back to my doctors to discuss further and look for an alternative."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2012