User Reviews for Aspirin

Also known as: Acetylsalicylic Acid, Acuprin 81, Arthritis Foundation Pain Reliever, Arthritis Pain, Ascriptin, Ascriptin Enteric, Ascriptin Maximum Strength, Aspergum, Aspir 81, Aspir-Low, Aspirin Lite Coat, Aspirin Low Strength, Aspiritab, Aspirtab, Bayer Advanced Aspirin, ...show all 61 brand names

Learn more about Aspirin.

Aspirin Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1898 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Aspirin to treat Pain

"Aspirin is not a very effective pain reliever and has unacceptable side effects for me. Namely, gastritis and ulcer. I traded my daily ibuprofen for a daily aspirin after reading about its cardiovascular and cancer-preventing properties. A month later, my stomach is wrecked. I don't smoke, drink or do anything else that would damage my stomach this way. I'm a healthy 30-year-old. My symptoms include nausea, burning pain in my back and shoulders, gas, bloating, indigestion and weakness. I'm now taking Prilosec, Zantac and Tums with little relief. While daily aspirin can save lives, it can also be harmful. It's slightly harder on your stomach than other NSAIDs. Don't take it unless you actually NEED it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2015

"For me aspirin works better than ibuprofen,acetaminophen,naproxen,ir relieves tension headaches and even back pain."

be2 July 20, 2015

"I have been taking aspirin for the last 35 years or so for headache related pain. It is far more effective than Tylenol or ibuprofen. It's pretty safe and very affordable."

sjp in Sacramento August 19, 2013

Bufferin (aspirin): "After having ulcers the doctor recomended bufferin for pain, that was 40 years ago. I have relied on that and extra strength bufferin since then. Since it was taken off the market I have tried others but they do not work as well. Please please bring the bufferin back."

Anonymous June 22, 2012

"This would be the second most effective NSAID for me, behind Motrin but well ahead of Aleve or other OTC's of any type - It is my preference for "cold and flu" because it breaks a fever pretty quick. If there is a downside, it's that if I take 2 or 3 a day for more than a week, it definitely causes a ringing in my ears, loud. Short-term or simple pain, the old school aspirin just works."

Anonymous July 25, 2010