User Reviews for Fiorinal with Codeine

Learn more about Fiorinal with Codeine.

Headache 8 reviews 237 medications

9.5
Summary of Fiorinal with Codeine reviews 8 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Fiorinal with Codeine

For Headache "I've suffered from migraines since I was a little girl, more then 40 years. I saw a variety of doctors over the years and they tried many different combinations of medications to help but none were successful. Finally one doctor included Fiorinal/codeine to my meds to help when I had a migraine! Success! Something worked! If I take this at the start of a migraine it helps 100% of the time. I've been able to take part in all activities without having to cancel due to an uncontrollable migraine!"

Bernice50 March 12, 2013

For Headache "I have suffered with migraines since I was 10yrs old. I began my period at age 10. It has been 52yrs now. One uphill battle with different doctors and a barrage of useless medicines, until 1986 when I met the right Doctor, with the right combination of medicine for my Migraines to reclaim my life again. In the end this combination was a life saver for me."

Shirl1199 (taken for 10 years or more) February 28, 2013

For Headache "I have had severe migraines all my life (35 yrs) tried every other medicine out there- this is the ONLY medicine that works 100% of the time with no bad side effects. All the other medicines had side effects and didn't even take away the headache more than 50%! They ARE discontinuing prescribing this for migraines this year. When they do- I do not know what I will do besides lay in bed all day because Fiorinal is the only thing that makes me able to function when I have a migraine."

frazzill (taken for 10 years or more) December 14, 2012

"I have suffered from migraines for almost 40 years and ocular migraines for the past 21 years. I have been taking Fiorinol with codeine for the past 20 years and it is the only medication that helps. It has allowed me to live a very productive life."

Anonymous March 6, 2012

For Headache "I have had migraines for 25 years and find Fiorinal with codeine the only thing that takes care of the pain and allows me to function. I also take Phenergan if I don't get on top of the pain fast enough to ease the vomiting associated with the pain. Like the previous post, my migraines wake me up in the middle of the night. I have been prescribed Lortab but even though it is stronger it does not work as well. My doctor recently added 10 mg. Amitriptyline before bed and that reduced the frequency of my headaches but I still get about 3-4 migraines/month. I recently heard that they were going to take Fiorinal off the market and that has me very worried. "

TessaMac May 4, 2011

For Headache "I have suffered from headaches for about 20 years, until I found Fiorinal with codeine. I have NOT had a headache since! This works great for headaches and I am finally free. Thanks to whoever came up with this cure for headaches."

mam69 September 18, 2010

For Headache "I haven't found anything that works on my migraine as well as Fiorinal with Codeine but constipation is a problem with too many doses, but still doesn't compare to migraine pain just take sparingly."

Anonymous November 21, 2009

For Headache "I have had migraines headaches since I was 25 yrs old and at 71 years old I still have them. They are just as bad now as years ago. I have been prescribed over 47 different kinds of medicine for relief. Also I went to three headache clinics which were a joke/no help-my purse emptied. Some of the medicines I now know are everything from cancer to thyroid medicines were given to me to ease pain. Simply trial and error of the many doctors I saw. A lot of brain scans, x-rays of my head and neck. Finally a doctor prescribed a new medicine on the market called fiorinal and fiorinal-w/codeine for really bad pain. I use the fiorinal/3 and get quick relief if I can take before the vomiting starts. My migraines wake me in the middle of night."

loubydo September 16, 2009

For Headache "Along with Phenergan, it is the only thing that helps with the migraines I get (about twice a month now). The Phenergan cream (a compound made by a pharmacy in my area) keeps the medication down by helping stop or control the vomiting I get with migraines."

rock13 July 10, 2009

More about Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine)

Professional resources