User Reviews for Fiorinal with Codeine

Learn more about Fiorinal with Codeine.

Headache 8 reviews 236 medications

9.5
Summary of Fiorinal with Codeine reviews 8 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Fiorinal with Codeine

Review by Bernice50:

For Headache: I've suffered from migraines since I was a little girl, more then 40 years. I saw a variety of doctors over the years and they tried many different combinations of medications to help but none were successful. Finally one doctor included Fiorinal/codeine to my meds to help when I had a migraine! Success! Something worked! If I take this at the start of a migraine it helps 100% of the time. I've been able to take part in all activities without having to cancel due to an uncontrollable migraine!

March 12, 2013 2:15 PM

Review by Shirl1199 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Headache: I have suffered with migraines since I was 10yrs old. I began my period at age 10. It has been 52yrs now. One uphill battle with different doctors and a barrage of useless medicines, until 1986 when I met the right Doctor, with the right combination of medicine for my Migraines to reclaim my life again. In the end this combination was a life saver for me.

February 28, 2013 9:36 AM

Review by frazzill (taken for 10 years or more):

For Headache: I have had severe migraines all my life (35 yrs) tried every other medicine out there- this is the ONLY medicine that works 100% of the time with no bad side effects. All the other medicines had side effects and didn't even take away the headache more than 50%! They ARE discontinuing prescribing this for migraines this year. When they do- I do not know what I will do besides lay in bed all day because Fiorinal is the only thing that makes me able to function when I have a migraine.

December 14, 2012 6:17 AM

I have suffered from migraines for almost 40 years and ocular migraines for the past 21 years. I have been taking Fiorinol with codeine for the past 20 years and it is the only medication that helps. It has allowed me to live a very productive life.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2012 11:56 AM

Review by TessaMac:

For Headache: I have had migraines for 25 years and find Fiorinal with codeine the only thing that takes care of the pain and allows me to function. I also take Phenergan if I don't get on top of the pain fast enough to ease the vomiting associated with the pain. Like the previous post, my migraines wake me up in the middle of the night. I have been prescribed Lortab but even though it is stronger it does not work as well. My doctor recently added 10 mg. Amitriptyline before bed and that reduced the frequency of my headaches but I still get about 3-4 migraines/month. I recently heard that they were going to take Fiorinal off the market and that has me very worried.

May 4, 2011 8:35 PM

Review by mam69:

For Headache: I have suffered from headaches for about 20 years, until I found Fiorinal with codeine. I have NOT had a headache since! This works great for headaches and I am finally free. Thanks to whoever came up with this cure for headaches.

September 18, 2010 12:53 PM

For Headache: I haven't found anything that works on my migraine as well as Fiorinal with Codeine but constipation is a problem with too many doses, but still doesn't compare to migraine pain just take sparingly.

November 21, 2009 1:59 AM

Review by loubydo:

For Headache: I have had migraines headaches since I was 25 yrs old and at 71 years old I still have them. They are just as bad now as years ago. I have been prescribed over 47 different kinds of medicine for relief. Also I went to three headache clinics which were a joke/no help-my purse emptied. Some of the medicines I now know are everything from cancer to thyroid medicines were given to me to ease pain. Simply trial and error of the many doctors I saw. A lot of brain scans, x-rays of my head and neck. Finally a doctor prescribed a new medicine on the market called fiorinal and fiorinal-w/codeine for really bad pain. I use the fiorinal/3 and get quick relief if I can take before the vomiting starts. My migraines wake me in the middle of night.

September 16, 2009 5:33 PM

Review by rock13:

For Headache: Along with Phenergan, it is the only thing that helps with the migraines I get (about twice a month now). The Phenergan cream (a compound made by a pharmacy in my area) keeps the medication down by helping stop or control the vomiting I get with migraines.

July 10, 2009 1:35 PM

More about Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine)

Professional resources