User Reviews for Alpha-lipoic acid

Also known as: Alpha-Lipoic-Acid-300

Learn more about Alpha-lipoic acid.

Reviews for Alpha-lipoic acid to treat Dietary Supplementation

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

alpha-lipoic acid: I lose weight gradually, and my metabolism increase. I started taking this supplement while watching Dr. Oz show and his father in-law a cardiologist recommend to take 600 MG a day. I been taking this supplement almost a year now.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 29, 2013 12:03 AM
Review by MD STUDENT: User Rating:

alpha-lipoic acid: I suffer from Neuropathic pain (Neuropathy) for the past 11 years, with severe implications. I've been taking 600mg/day of ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) for the past 2 years (23 months). I've enjoyed noticeable IMPROVEMENT as I was also treated with HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) in the past year. I keep a daily symptom chart journal. (The HBOT was conducted as a preTrial to find if there's a possibility for improvement/cure of different Neuropathies and a reason to conduct a full scale trial.) My Improvement started before the HBOT, and increased during. Pain levels are about 35%-40% less than before!

November 22, 2009 4:05 PM
Review by JC48:

alpha-lipoic acid: I have begun losing my hair, and when I searched for "hair loss and alpha-lipoic acid (ALA)", I learned that ALA absorbs all your biotin. Thus, when a persons takes it on a regular basis, they should be ingesting it with Biotin as well. If there are a few of us coming forward on this, I am sure there are many more who are out there and developing this problem. I did appreciate the usefulness of ALA with my rosacea, and it has helped alleviate those problems; now, I just hope that taking biotin, will bring back my hair.

October 23, 2009 4:05 PM