User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

Learn more about Albuterol.

Albuterol review summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of COPD, Acute.

Reviews for Albuterol to treat COPD, Acute

Review by Divine1 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

ProAir HFA (albuterol): I have been using this medicine for many years and it really works for me. I walk everywhere, and going up hills it really comes in handy. I however do not like the new design, it tells you how much you have used, which is the good part, but the bad part is it clogs up too easily. The old one clogs as well, but takes longer to do it. I personally have not noticed any side effect of this medicine. The old albuterol inhalers made my heart race, this one does not.

September 19, 2013 10:19 AM

Review by gr8kate (taken for less than 1 month):

Ventolin (albuterol): I was prescribed for acute COPD. Since I've been using the inhaler I have had less flare-ups. I am able to breathe a lot better.

January 30, 2013 6:57 AM

Proventil (albuterol): I find that using 30 minutes before activity is much more helpful than the recommended 10 - 15 minutes. My COPD is in the moderate stage.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2011 1:37 PM

Review by TAILSPIN70:

I have been using Albuterol for approximately 15 years, and find it exceptional. I have Emphysema, and do not leave home without it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2009 2:58 PM

Review by jerry777:

I took Alupent for years. Worked okay but drug was discontinued because manufactured wouldn't convert to new propellant in April of '09. Got prescription for Albuterol and within days was in hospital with acute bronchospasm. Every treatment the hospital gave me with Oxygen and Albuterol caused my lungs to shut down. This is apparently rare, but if it isn't working for you, yell, loudly. I am currently on Maxair - works okay.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate