User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, ProAir RespiClick, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

Learn more about Albuterol.

Albuterol Review Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of COPD, Acute.

Reviews for Albuterol to treat COPD, Acute

ProAir HFA (albuterol): "I have been using this medicine for many years and it really works for me. I walk everywhere, and going up hills it really comes in handy. I however do not like the new design, it tells you how much you have used, which is the good part, but the bad part is it clogs up too easily. The old one clogs as well, but takes longer to do it. I personally have not noticed any side effect of this medicine. The old albuterol inhalers made my heart race, this one does not."

Divine1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 19, 2013

Ventolin (albuterol): "I was prescribed for acute COPD. Since I've been using the inhaler I have had less flare-ups. I am able to breathe a lot better."

gr8kate (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2013

Proventil (albuterol): "I find that using 30 minutes before activity is much more helpful than the recommended 10 - 15 minutes. My COPD is in the moderate stage."

Anonymous July 31, 2011

"I have been using Albuterol for approximately 15 years, and find it exceptional. I have Emphysema, and do not leave home without it."

TAILSPIN70 September 11, 2009

"I took Alupent for years. Worked okay but drug was discontinued because manufactured wouldn't convert to new propellant in April of '09. Got prescription for Albuterol and within days was in hospital with acute bronchospasm. Every treatment the hospital gave me with Oxygen and Albuterol caused my lungs to shut down. This is apparently rare, but if it isn't working for you, yell, loudly. I am currently on Maxair - works okay."

jerry777 September 9, 2009