User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

Learn more about Albuterol.

Asthma, acute 13 reviews 164 medications

COPD, Acute 5 reviews 39 medications

Summary of Albuterol reviews 42 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Albuterol

Review by Schram: User Rating:

albuterol for COPD, Maintenance: My doctor put me on a dosage of 2 puffs every 4 hours as needed but when I used this amount I developed almost continuous anxiety attacks, insomnia, back and arm pain, wheezing, muscle spasm and jerking in extremities, and pounding in my ears. I was greatly distressed until I read this article and discovered that all of these symptoms are side effects of the albuterol.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 2, 2013 11:18 PM
Review by anonymous704 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I have been using ventolin going on for about five years now and I have had no complaints. It works within about fifteen minutes and really helps me breath better. Though when it does get to the end of the canister it doesn't seem to be as effective.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 24, 2013 9:55 AM
Review by Divine1 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: I have been using this medicine for many years and it really works for me. I walk everywhere, and going up hills it really comes in handy. I however do not like the new design, it tells you how much you have used, which is the good part, but the bad part is it clogs up too easily. The old one clogs as well, but takes longer to do it. I personally have not noticed any side effect of this medicine. The old albuterol inhalers made my heart race, this one does not.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 19, 2013 10:19 AM
Review by kukuna (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: Every year for almost 10 years I had been experiencing severe brochitis, and 3 times it had turned into pneumonia. The only reason it did not result in hospitalization was because I protested. I did have to go back to the hospital for Albuterol treatments each time. Once I started using the Proventil FHA inhaler I noticed I was able to take deep breaths and not experience discomfort, and as of about 6 weeks ago, all the wheezing I had been experiencing had completely disappeared. I would recommend this product for any bronchial and asthmatic condition.

July 11, 2013 10:18 PM
Review by Ozzthegreat: User Rating:

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: I can't believe I suffered so long before I went to the doctor and he prescribed Ventolin to me. It has made my breathing so much easier. The only negatives at all is sometimes I'm dizzy for a while after using it, but that's to be expected.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 15, 2013 12:27 AM
Review by gr8kate (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Ventolin (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: I was prescribed for acute COPD. Since I've been using the inhaler I have had less flare-ups. I am able to breathe a lot better.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 30, 2013 6:57 AM
Review by atn5428 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

albuterol for Bronchiectasis: Anxiety, tremors, dry mouth.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 28, 2013 2:10 PM
Review by Granny-T (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: I have been prescribed several maintenance medications to control my COPD over the past 4 years. Ventolin has proved to be, by far, the best medication I have used. Very quick acting & reassuring.

May 14, 2012 8:22 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: Since I have been on Pro-Air I haven't been experiencing shortness of breath as much and it has helped my chronic bronchitis as well

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 3, 2012 2:20 PM
Review by Rairwin: User Rating:

Vospire ER (albuterol) for Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: Severe allergic reactions (hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, and tongue) ear pain.

November 6, 2011 3:34 PM
Review by tdl86: User Rating:

albuterol for Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: My doctor put me on this because I have sleep apnea and have trouble breathing when I go to sleep. Because of my extreme weight loss I have been able to lower my CPAP pressure to the lowest setting and I use my inhaler each night before bed to help my breathing to be able to fall asleep. I doesn't help though if I'm already short of breath. I have no side effects and have been using it for 3 years.

August 3, 2011 11:13 PM
Review by ssdfgh: User Rating:

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: I have allergy-induced asthma, not true asthma. (sometimes my allergies and sinuses get so bad I get asthma attacks"). My allergy doctor prescribed Proventil HFA to me last year and though I don't use it often, it has helped when I needed it. Only one downfall, it makes me SO jittery. This is a common side effect because you're basically getting a shot of adrenaline in each puff. I find it's best to walk/move around a little after taking it to help wear off the jitters. Because of this side effect, I only use it when I really need it.

July 31, 2011 4:18 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Proventil (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: I find that using 30 minutes before activity is much more helpful than the recommended 10 - 15 minutes. My COPD is in the moderate stage.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 31, 2011 1:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: Best working inhaler I have found.

July 3, 2011 5:12 PM
Review by mariotejas: User Rating:

Ventolin (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: It works.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 2, 2011 10:48 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: This delivers the medication in powder form in a more environmentally friendly way, but seems thus also to have diminished effectiveness. Cost is also creeping up over the last 24 months (now $43 per unit, roughly a 23% increase overall in 2 years). It is perhaps the best there is, but no substitute for the previous modes of delivery, and a marginal drug value.

January 3, 2011 7:08 PM
Review by Annie's Momma: User Rating:

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I use it, have for a real long time. I am on maintenance, I don't need one daily, have in the past and know that I may again. Well either maintenance or regular it has always been a big part of my life and it works very well. Where would I be without it?

December 9, 2010 5:57 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Proventil HFA (albuterol): This helped me very much. I have had a few side effects but other than that, my asthma didn't bother me much.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 16, 2010 12:43 PM
Review by Tennisfan1305: User Rating:

Proventil (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: It works, but every time I use it it causes my heart to speed up really fast and my hands to shake. I avoid it, and I won't use it even if I know I should. I've used it between or during classes and had a hard time note taking because my hands would not stay still. Of course, the important thing is being able to breathe...

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 28, 2010 1:04 AM

Ventolin (albuterol) for Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: I got really tachycardic after using this medicaton.

January 21, 2010 4:23 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: Preferred to others.

October 24, 2009 2:20 AM
Review by angel_uchiha: User Rating:

albuterol for Asthma, acute: This is a real lifesaver (literally). I can´t remember how many times this has eased my breathing

October 19, 2009 12:58 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Proventil (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: If it weren't for this drug, I would not be alive. It has saved my life on numerous occasions of asthma attacks. I love it.

October 4, 2009 8:05 PM
Review by Romero82: User Rating:

albuterol for Asthma, acute: This has helped me with my asthma ever since I was a little girl. I'm 19 now and until this day I use it! Whoever made this medication was thinking correctly. I appreciate it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 23, 2009 8:50 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

albuterol for Asthma, acute: It works great as long as you are NOT allergic to sulfa drugs, sulfates or sulfites! If you are allergic to any of those, you might want to talk to your doctor before you take albuterol sulfate. It made my asthma worse, every time I used it. Once I stopped using it, my asthma was nearly gone by the next day. It turned out that not only can't I use sulfa drugs, I cannot use this medication to quickly stop an asthma attack. Unfortunately, I know three other people (friends of mine) who had the same reaction to this inhaler. They also, are allergic to sulfa drugs. The drug companies need to come up with an albuterol inhaler that does not use sulfates.

September 23, 2009 2:40 AM