User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, ProAir RespiClick, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

Learn more about Albuterol.

COPD, Maintenance 10 reviews 37 medications

6.2
COPD, Acute 5 reviews 37 medications

Summary of Albuterol reviews 53 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Albuterol

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: "Received coupon for a free trial pharmacy will not accept the offer. Out of pocket expense too much..."

can't breathe (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have been using ProAir HFA for many years now & I highly recommend it. It works when I need it & I don't have any bad side effects. Sometimes I get dry mouth after using it, but I can't complain since it does its job so well."

~*Melanie*~ (taken for 10 years or more) February 2, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I also switched to the respiclick. It was zero help. It did nothing to open my airways. I didn't work what so ever. The regular HFA works like a charm. I don't understand how so many people suffer from lung problems and the pharmaceutical companies make this medication so expensive. This medication should be on the $4 plan at Walmart and Target. I have to pay 50 every month which is expensive and that's with insurance."

Newyorkcity123 January 18, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for : "I get chest colds and asthmatic symptoms in the beginning of the winter for my entire life. This inhaler works better for me than the older ones I'm glad I have it even if I only need it once or twice a year..this is by far the best inhaler I have ever used"

Anonymous December 12, 2015

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "Too expensive. I use sparingly and often have to go without when I can't afford the high cost of the refill since my insurance doesn't cover it."

MichelleKennedy (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2015

For Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: "Albuterol tablet has serious side effects. I have been trembling, extremely tired, muscle weakness, unsettled and completely abnormal feeling for 24 hours. I had to take off work today due to Side Effects Not my initial ailment! Please be careful prescribing this Docs."

Jennify November 12, 2015

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I'm 53 and have had acute bronchial asthma my entire life. ProAir is by far the least effective and most problematic delivery system for albuterol I've experienced. While the inhalers are supposed to have 200 metered dosages, they fail through leakage and clogging. We realistically average 50-75 uses per inhaler. Air travel almost always destroys usability. Because of clogging and priming, actual dosage is inconsistent with this particular brand. It is a health hazard, a deeply flawed delivery system that endangers patients. DO NOT RELY upon a single inhaler if you use ProAir as even "full" and "brand new" units are prone to immediate failure."

DurbusTweeb2 November 9, 2015

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I was given Pro-air Respiclick by my pharmacy instead of HFA shortly after it came out because they had a coupon that gave me a better price. During a bad bout of seasonal allergies I found that the Respiclick gave me little-to-no relief, even when used every 4 to 6 hours. I have used Pro-air HFA for years for similar symptoms. I'll definitely be switching back. (BTW, a family member with COPD also tried Respiclick and found it less effective than the HFA)."

Miramoo (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2015

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I have allergy induced asthma. Ventolin helps me breath better. Worked excellent at first then needed additional maintenance meds, Singulair and a steroid inhaler (Asmanex Twisthaler). I also take Allegra, Flonase, and Astelin to control my allergies and asthma."

Steve0376 May 17, 2015

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Asthma for 40 years. Ventolin/Salbutamol works quickly and well to relieve an attack. Severe attacks respond to much higher doses in a nebulizer. It does come with erratic heart rates however, so should not be over used and should be accompanied by a corticosteroid inhaler like Becotide. (It is ridiculous that both Ventolin and Becotide had to be rejiggered to not use CFC gases for propulsion. Neither has been as good since)."

5MileRunner (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2015

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I could not be without Pro-Air. I take it with me everywhere I go, it works very fast and is a lot less expensive than my other inhalers."

prestburycheshire November 22, 2014

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: "for never being on an inhaler before this works very very well. I've had a pretty bad cough for almost 2 years that was diagnosed as rhinitis and we tried nasal sprays and allergy medications this is like a breath of fresh air in my lungs. I'd recommend it, just watch for dry mouth!"

Jillian51894 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2014

For COPD, Maintenance: "My doctor put me on a dosage of 2 puffs every 4 hours as needed but when I used this amount I developed almost continuous anxiety attacks, insomnia, back and arm pain, wheezing, muscle spasm and jerking in extremities, and pounding in my ears. I was greatly distressed until I read this article and discovered that all of these symptoms are side effects of the albuterol."

Schram November 2, 2013

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have been using ventolin going on for about five years now and I have had no complaints. It works within about fifteen minutes and really helps me breath better. Though when it does get to the end of the canister it doesn't seem to be as effective."

anonymous704 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 24, 2013

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "I have been using this medicine for many years and it really works for me. I walk everywhere, and going up hills it really comes in handy. I however do not like the new design, it tells you how much you have used, which is the good part, but the bad part is it clogs up too easily. The old one clogs as well, but takes longer to do it. I personally have not noticed any side effect of this medicine. The old albuterol inhalers made my heart race, this one does not."

Divine1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 19, 2013

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Every year for almost 10 years I had been experiencing severe brochitis, and 3 times it had turned into pneumonia. The only reason it did not result in hospitalization was because I protested. I did have to go back to the hospital for Albuterol treatments each time. Once I started using the Proventil FHA inhaler I noticed I was able to take deep breaths and not experience discomfort, and as of about 6 weeks ago, all the wheezing I had been experiencing had completely disappeared. I would recommend this product for any bronchial and asthmatic condition."

kukuna (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2013

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I can't believe I suffered so long before I went to the doctor and he prescribed Ventolin to me. It has made my breathing so much easier. The only negatives at all is sometimes I'm dizzy for a while after using it, but that's to be expected."

Ozzthegreat March 15, 2013

Ventolin (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "I was prescribed for acute COPD. Since I've been using the inhaler I have had less flare-ups. I am able to breathe a lot better."

gr8kate (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2013

For Bronchiectasis: "Anxiety, tremors, dry mouth."

atn5428 (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2013

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have been prescribed several maintenance medications to control my COPD over the past 4 years. Ventolin has proved to be, by far, the best medication I have used. Very quick acting & reassuring."

Granny-T (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 14, 2012

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Since I have been on Pro-Air I haven't been experiencing shortness of breath as much and it has helped my chronic bronchitis as well"

Anonymous March 3, 2012

Vospire ER (albuterol) for Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: "Severe allergic reactions (hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, and tongue) ear pain."

Rairwin November 6, 2011

For Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: "My doctor put me on this because I have sleep apnea and have trouble breathing when I go to sleep. Because of my extreme weight loss I have been able to lower my CPAP pressure to the lowest setting and I use my inhaler each night before bed to help my breathing to be able to fall asleep. I doesn't help though if I'm already short of breath. I have no side effects and have been using it for 3 years."

tdl86 August 3, 2011

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I have allergy-induced asthma, not true asthma. (sometimes my allergies and sinuses get so bad I get asthma attacks"). My allergy doctor prescribed Proventil HFA to me last year and though I don't use it often, it has helped when I needed it. Only one downfall, it makes me SO jittery. This is a common side effect because you're basically getting a shot of adrenaline in each puff. I find it's best to walk/move around a little after taking it to help wear off the jitters. Because of this side effect, I only use it when I really need it."

ssdfgh July 31, 2011

Proventil (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "I find that using 30 minutes before activity is much more helpful than the recommended 10 - 15 minutes. My COPD is in the moderate stage."

Anonymous July 31, 2011