User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, ProAir RespiClick, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

Learn more about Albuterol.

COPD, Maintenance 9 reviews 35 medications

6.8
COPD, Acute 5 reviews 37 medications

Summary of Albuterol reviews 46 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Albuterol

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I have allergy induced asthma. Ventolin helps me breath better. Worked excellent at first then needed additional maintenance meds, Singulair and a steroid inhaler (Asmanex Twisthaler). I also take Allegra, Flonase, and Astelin to control my allergies and asthma."

Steve0376 May 17, 2015

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Asthma for 40 years. Ventolin/Salbutamol works quickly and well to relieve an attack. Severe attacks respond to much higher doses in a nebulizer. It does come with erratic heart rates however, so should not be over used and should be accompanied by a corticosteroid inhaler like Becotide. (It is ridiculous that both Ventolin and Becotide had to be rejiggered to not use CFC gases for propulsion. Neither has been as good since)."

5MileRunner (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2015

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I could not be without Pro-Air. I take it with me everywhere I go, it works very fast and is a lot less expensive than my other inhalers."

prestburycheshire November 22, 2014

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: "for never being on an inhaler before this works very very well. I've had a pretty bad cough for almost 2 years that was diagnosed as rhinitis and we tried nasal sprays and allergy medications this is like a breath of fresh air in my lungs. I'd recommend it, just watch for dry mouth!"

Jillian51894 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2014

For COPD, Maintenance: "My doctor put me on a dosage of 2 puffs every 4 hours as needed but when I used this amount I developed almost continuous anxiety attacks, insomnia, back and arm pain, wheezing, muscle spasm and jerking in extremities, and pounding in my ears. I was greatly distressed until I read this article and discovered that all of these symptoms are side effects of the albuterol."

Schram November 2, 2013

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have been using ventolin going on for about five years now and I have had no complaints. It works within about fifteen minutes and really helps me breath better. Though when it does get to the end of the canister it doesn't seem to be as effective."

anonymous704 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 24, 2013

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "I have been using this medicine for many years and it really works for me. I walk everywhere, and going up hills it really comes in handy. I however do not like the new design, it tells you how much you have used, which is the good part, but the bad part is it clogs up too easily. The old one clogs as well, but takes longer to do it. I personally have not noticed any side effect of this medicine. The old albuterol inhalers made my heart race, this one does not."

Divine1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 19, 2013

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Every year for almost 10 years I had been experiencing severe brochitis, and 3 times it had turned into pneumonia. The only reason it did not result in hospitalization was because I protested. I did have to go back to the hospital for Albuterol treatments each time. Once I started using the Proventil FHA inhaler I noticed I was able to take deep breaths and not experience discomfort, and as of about 6 weeks ago, all the wheezing I had been experiencing had completely disappeared. I would recommend this product for any bronchial and asthmatic condition."

kukuna (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2013

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I can't believe I suffered so long before I went to the doctor and he prescribed Ventolin to me. It has made my breathing so much easier. The only negatives at all is sometimes I'm dizzy for a while after using it, but that's to be expected."

Ozzthegreat March 15, 2013

Ventolin (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "I was prescribed for acute COPD. Since I've been using the inhaler I have had less flare-ups. I am able to breathe a lot better."

gr8kate (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2013

For Bronchiectasis: "Anxiety, tremors, dry mouth."

atn5428 (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2013

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have been prescribed several maintenance medications to control my COPD over the past 4 years. Ventolin has proved to be, by far, the best medication I have used. Very quick acting & reassuring."

Granny-T (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 14, 2012

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Since I have been on Pro-Air I haven't been experiencing shortness of breath as much and it has helped my chronic bronchitis as well"

Anonymous March 3, 2012

Vospire ER (albuterol) for Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: "Severe allergic reactions (hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, and tongue) ear pain."

Rairwin November 6, 2011

For Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: "My doctor put me on this because I have sleep apnea and have trouble breathing when I go to sleep. Because of my extreme weight loss I have been able to lower my CPAP pressure to the lowest setting and I use my inhaler each night before bed to help my breathing to be able to fall asleep. I doesn't help though if I'm already short of breath. I have no side effects and have been using it for 3 years."

tdl86 August 3, 2011

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I have allergy-induced asthma, not true asthma. (sometimes my allergies and sinuses get so bad I get asthma attacks"). My allergy doctor prescribed Proventil HFA to me last year and though I don't use it often, it has helped when I needed it. Only one downfall, it makes me SO jittery. This is a common side effect because you're basically getting a shot of adrenaline in each puff. I find it's best to walk/move around a little after taking it to help wear off the jitters. Because of this side effect, I only use it when I really need it."

ssdfgh July 31, 2011

Proventil (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "I find that using 30 minutes before activity is much more helpful than the recommended 10 - 15 minutes. My COPD is in the moderate stage."

Anonymous July 31, 2011

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Best working inhaler I have found."

Anonymous July 3, 2011

Ventolin (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "It works."

mariotejas February 2, 2011

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "This delivers the medication in powder form in a more environmentally friendly way, but seems thus also to have diminished effectiveness. Cost is also creeping up over the last 24 months (now $43 per unit, roughly a 23% increase overall in 2 years). It is perhaps the best there is, but no substitute for the previous modes of delivery, and a marginal drug value."

Anonymous January 3, 2011

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I use it, have for a real long time. I am on maintenance, I don't need one daily, have in the past and know that I may again. Well either maintenance or regular it has always been a big part of my life and it works very well. Where would I be without it?"

Annie's Momma December 9, 2010

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for : "This helped me very much. I have had a few side effects but other than that, my asthma didn't bother me much."

Anonymous April 16, 2010

Proventil (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "It works, but every time I use it it causes my heart to speed up really fast and my hands to shake. I avoid it, and I won't use it even if I know I should. I've used it between or during classes and had a hard time note taking because my hands would not stay still. Of course, the important thing is being able to breathe..."

Tennisfan1305 January 28, 2010

Ventolin (albuterol) for Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: "I got really tachycardic after using this medicaton."

Anonymous January 21, 2010

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Preferred to others."

Anonymous October 24, 2009