User Reviews for Zovirax Ointment

Learn more about Zovirax Ointment.

Cold Sores 3 reviews 32 medications

9.7
Herpes Simplex 1 reviews 6 medications

Summary of Zovirax Ointment reviews 4 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Zovirax Ointment

For Cold Sores "I have tried everything, from home remedies to over the counter cold sore treatments. Well, my doctor prescribed Zovirax and since then I have been nothing but thankful. The first sign, apply the ointment. It wont make the cold sore go away immediately but by the 2nd day its dried up and within 4 days its gone. I love Zovirax."

Ramboo2015928 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 8, 2015

For Cold Sores "I have been dealing with cold sores for the past 10 years. I usually would only get 2 per year during an extreme weather change. I've tried Abreva, Releev, Campho, etc.... Nothing really worked at all accept drying the area. Well this Fall and Winter season, I had 3 outbreaks and at the 3rd, I said enough is enough. I read all the reviews online and decided to go with the Zovirax ointment. I got a prescription from my dentist 1st day I noticed the tingling (prodromal stage). The meds indicate this is the best time to start applying. I applied several times the first day and the next day I woke up and hardly saw a thing on my lip. I applied the ointment about 5 times that day even tho it seemed to be gone. 3rd day GONE!!! Miracle!!"

Jemsgirl February 21, 2012

For Cold Sores "I find this the only treatment which can nip a cold sore before it develops. If one does develop, it also eliminates the pain faster (2-3 days) than any other creams I've tried. I also discovered after more than five years of annoying outbreaks that cold sores in the summer actually came from sunburned lips. Once I started to completely cover my lips before spending time in the sun, they did not come back. Here, prevention is the key."

jpewtherer January 12, 2011

For Herpes Simplex "I've been using this product for years. It's the best thing to not having an outbreak. You must catch it on the first sign though, when the tingling begins if possible. After that it will run its full course in pain at the site. I have outbreaks frequently so I should know. I have trouble controlling when I have an OUTBREAK. I control how I can deal with it when it comes."

iamasurvivoraol March 30, 2010