Multivitamins with mineralsPronunciation
Generic Name: multivitamins with minerals (MUL-ti-VYE-ta-mins/MIN-er-als)
Brand Name: Examples include Protegra and Vicon Forte
Multivitamins with minerals is used for:
Treating or preventing low levels of vitamins and minerals in the body. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Multivitamins with minerals is a vitamin and mineral supplement. It works by providing extra vitamins and minerals to the body.
Do NOT use multivitamins with minerals if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in multivitamins with minerals
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using multivitamins with minerals:
Some medical conditions may interact with multivitamins with minerals. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with multivitamins with minerals.
Ask your health care provider if multivitamins with minerals may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use multivitamins with minerals:
Use multivitamins with minerals as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take multivitamins with minerals by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- If you miss a dose of multivitamins with minerals, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use multivitamins with minerals.
Important safety information:
- Do not take large doses of vitamins while you use multivitamins with minerals unless your doctor tells you to.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using multivitamins with minerals while you are pregnant. It is not known if multivitamins with minerals is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use multivitamins with minerals, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of multivitamins with minerals:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with multivitamins with minerals. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include nausea; vomiting.Proper storage of multivitamins with minerals:
Store multivitamins with minerals at room temperature. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep multivitamins with minerals out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about multivitamins with minerals, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Multivitamins with minerals is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take multivitamins with minerals or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about multivitamins with minerals. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to multivitamins with minerals. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using multivitamins with minerals.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.