Can you take Tramadol and Naproxen together?

Interactions between your selected drugs

No results found - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Other drugs that your selected drugs interact with

naproxen interacts with more than 200 other drugs.
tramadol interacts with more than 300 other drugs.

Interactions between your selected drugs and food

http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=1690-0,2221-0

Tramadol does not contain nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDS). Naproxen is an NSAID. I have been on both at the same time. I would err on the side of caution and ask your pharmacist about any interactions between the two, just to be on the safe side.

Hi, as Chrissy has said, you can take the 2 together quite safely. They are in different classes of pain killers. I used to take Tramadol alongside an NSAID quite often. You should inform your doctor about this though, he may want to adjust your medication. Taking NSAID's regularly, longterm, can sometimes cause stomach problems

What was the reason you were prescribed Tramadol, if you don't mind me asking? I ask because I have a bleeding disorder and Tramadol was the only thing that would work for my pain without going to the stronger opioids which make me mentally foggy so I don't like to take them unless pain is super bad.

I've never taken more than one pain med at the same time and didn't know that it was possible (for example, when I chopped off a part of my finger I was given Percocet but didn't take Tramadol during that time).

Personally, I would only feel comfortable taking a single pain medicine, but I'm not a doctor so your doctor may have had a good reason for prescribing them both.

Gabby22 1 Nov 2014

I'm taking tramadol for multiple joint arthritis and disc problems..took norco for a year but stoppefa couple months ago so Dr but me on this I also take naproxen but wasn't sure if I should take together.but when I was in the hospital the gave me norco and naproxen together so I guess I will ask the pharmacist tomorrow..thanks everyone for you answers!