Will taking a cough syrup (Vicks Nyquil) show up in a drug test?

Anonymous

Vicks Nyquil - Can Cause False Positive For Ecstasy (MDMA), Methamphetamines.-

All the best and take care.-

Highly doubtful! I've never heard of it showing up like the previous post said.

Anonymous 11 Apr 2011

Before you answer, do just a little bit of research it´s very easy, and inform the person who is asking the question properly please, and do not underestimate other people´s post, it does not speak very highly of you, after all what do I know I am just an elite member here at DC.-

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Pharmaceuticals-2456/f/False-positive-drug-tests.htm

Take care

Chiquita43 13 Apr 2011

You're right-I will definitely search for a definitive answer from a respected source. I think I was referring to 20 years ago, when our company did drug tests. Time to live in the present!! Thank you!

If they test for alcohol it could show up as well depending on the time you took the medicine and the time you took the drug screen. Nyquil has a high amount of alcohol in it. It also can contain pseudoephedrine which can show positive as an amphetamine. If you do get a false positive, ask for confirmation by GC-MS-gas chromatograph-mass spectrometry. This test is more expensive and you may have to pay for it yourself but it will differentiate the false positives. It is used to confirm or dispute false positives. It is extremely accurate.