Why does it take so long for xanax to hit me?

It may be as simple as you have a low metabolism. Does it always hit you slowly, or just sometimes? If you have been on it for quite awhile, you may be developing a tolerance for it and this might make it seem like it takes a while to hit you.

Hey dut2121,

Xanax is readily absorbed and takes one to two hours to reach peak blood levels. Are you a smoker? Xanax concentrations may be reduced by up to 50% in smokers compared to non-smokers.

Not sure why you might not experience relief within a short amount of time unless you have built up a tolerance from long usage or are a smoker.

Hi dut2121
Depending on the quantity of xanax you are on and for how long you've been taken it,you may have built a tollerence to it as mentioned before.
If its doing nothing for you then you should contact your gp/pysc and he/she will maybe review your meds,either increase them if needed or try you with something else.
Good luck to you whatever the case may be
Take care

dut2121, trying to send you private question but not working, see if you can send me private message. I have added you as a friend.