What kind of opiates do not contain acetaminophen?

There are several opiate products that do not contain acetaminophen. Oxycodone comes in a long acting and short acting forms that do not contain acetaminophen, as does morphine. Oxymorphone and hydromorphone are available without acetaminophen. Tramadol is available without acetaminophen. Acetaminophen is often listed on an Rx as APAP. If you see APAP in the generic name of the opioid it contains acetaminophen. There are many opioids available without acetaminophen.

DzooBaby 14 Feb 2011

Many opiates are used in combination with acetaminophen to potentiate the pain relieving factor. Opiates are available in combination with acetaminophen or without.

Anonymous 15 Feb 2011

Great answer DzooBaby, and right on!