What is the lethal dose of seconal sodium? How long is the shelf life of pills?

The lethal dose for Seconal(Secobarbital) is 1.5 mg,the reason barbituates are very dangerous and hardly perscribed anymore is that you can build a tolerance to 1.5 mg (1500 mg) and it will kill you,and since it comes in 100 mg capsules 15 capsules will kill you even if you have been taking 1400 mg for months and take just 1 or 2 more while your head isnt right and you will end up dead.And other drugs especially Demerol boost it up so you dont need to take 1500mg with Demerol to kill you because of the boost factor,This is why Benzodiazipines replaced most of the barbituates in the 70's because you have to take alot more than 15 pills to overdose on Benzos,and they are considered safer and less addicting than barbituates.Hope this helped.

I have taken over 30 pills with alcohol.
I am still here.

Freddy, you are pushing your luck.

mequin 10 Jul 2011

He might be pushing his luck, but he probably doesn;t anymore. I've taken more than 15, at that point, I forget how many more, not too much because i couldn't walk. I didn't mix them with alcohol, and I remember other people doing that many. 15 is 1.5 grams, that kind of threw me off, I'm thinking, two? i get prescribed 2.

mequin 10 Jul 2011

There is a documentary "How to Die in Oregon", on PBS, and HBO. The lady assisting says there are "100" capsules of Seconal that the man had filled and to break open and empty ALL the powder from the capsules in 6 oz. of room temp. water. This drink then HAS to be comsumed within 60-90 seconds. One guy likens the taste to "wood". You can then wash down the aftertaste with whatever you like (soda, juice, even beer!). A coma ensues within a couple of minutes, death sometime shortly afterward. They don't say how much each capsule contains. Don't know the shelflife, cuz if I have a terminal disease, I'm taking it shortly after having perscription filled!! Sorry if this offends anyone's morals, not getting into that debate.