What is the difference between hydrocodone, oxycodone, and codiene?

The only thing I know is they are all in the same family of pain relief medication. Codeine in used for mild to moderate pain and the other 2 are for moderate to severe pain. That is the extent of what I know. Hope it is of some help

I was always confused with medication differences especially with codeine /hydrocodone/oxycodone.
What I learned is this: Codeine being the lesser of the three as far as pain control is concerned. Codeine/Tylenol is the weakest of the three medications. Codeine is a natural opiate not man made (in a lab), they add the tylenol to increase the effectiveness of the drug, and reduce fever, and also can be added for anittussive reasons.
More often than not, people experience itching, and more frequent side effects from this drug. It can also be mixed with Aspirin, so it would be for example: APAP/Codeine #3, or it may be written as: Tylenol/Codeine #3, The number is the miligrams of codeine added, it starts with one and goes as high as four.