What do you do when have the cough from using lisinopril/hctz?

This question has also been asked and answered here:
Alternatives to Lisinopril? The cough & headaches are driving me insane!

If it's a mild cough you may be able to continue with it. Some people have persistent dry cough, which is very hard to deal with. In that case see your doctor and they may be able to prescribe some other blood pressure medicine which won't cause a cough.

sbeaumont 16 Dec 2010

Will the cough go away in time. I just went on this pill 7 days ago.
I was on Diovan for several years but wanted to change to a less expensive generic

Marvell 16 Dec 2010

It is highly unlikely that the cough will go away if it is due to lisinopril.

However, I found some information regarding cough and ACE Inhibitors. The theory is that that some people who have the ACE Inhibitor cough are iron deficient. If you wish you could try to take some iron supplements and see if the cough goes away. Please discuss this with your doctor though.

Please see the abstract in the link below.

http://hyper.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/short/38/2/166

the major side effect of angiotensine converting enzyme inhibitor are dry cough and angio edema due to activate and increase the level of bradykinin if your sure this cough due to lisinopril convert it to other antihypertensive drugs that are do not cause cough like angitensine receptor blocker