What classification is flexaril on a drug screen?

Thank you for responding... Even though the question is a couple years old, it has helped me at this time in a 'google' search. I am a nurse as well and decided to check the classification regarding drug screening because my husband was recently put on it and we were curious being they do drug screens frequently at his job. (I told him to make sure he got something on record that he was on it temp. because our drug screens at the clinic I work at does cover TCAs.)

Flexeril, also known as Cyclobenzaprine HCL belongs to the Tricyclic group of drugs used for antidepression. Tricyclic drugs can be picked up on a drug screen, however it is in the research and development stage. Levels have not been identified as of this writing.

Anonymous 31 Jul 2012

This is a very old question. Why are you answering question that is almost 2 years old. I looked on Medline and as far as research being done, found none. Flexeril is a centrally acting muscle relaxant, not a tricyclic anti-depressant. Where did you get your information? Just curious.

the5berks 31 Jul 2012

It asked if I had a better answer. I was researching it anyway and found the drug class. So you have a big enough problem with me doing that you had to comment? See this link, it belongs to the Tricyclic family of drugs:

Anonymous 31 Jul 2012

Oh no, I am mainly curious as to how you found the question, and being a retired nurse, was merely wondering where you found the information. Its hard to hear voice inflections on this site or anywhere when typing. At least I have trouble. I meant no harm or was not anything but curious. So please forgive and thanks for the link. I've been crazy for so long, thought I'd been on everything conceivable for bipolar 1.
Who knew?
Peace bro,

I don't know about Flexeril's classification on a drug screen. As a therapeutic agent it is a muscle relaxant.