What are the nursing considerations when administering oxytocin?

You will find information on the dosage and administration of oxytocin at http://www.drugs.com/pro/oxytocin.html

Oxytocin Dosage and Administration

Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit.

Dosage of Oxytocin is determined by the uterine response. The following dosage information is based upon various regimens and indications in general use.

A. Induction or Stimulation of Labor

Intravenous infusion (drip method) is the only acceptable method of administration for the induction or stimulation of labor.