Trazodone - how many side effects do you realy get,like weight gain ,water retention headaks ets?

Anonymous

Hello ebeny. I've listed a few of the common, normal side effects to taking Trazodone. Some of the users experienced DROWSINESS, up to 41%. CONSTIPATION, 7.6% --- HEADACHES, 19.8%--- DIZZINESS,28%--- BLURRED VISION, 14.7%--- FATIQUE,11.3%--- DRY MOUTH, 33.8%. Not everyone will go through one or any of these side effects. Regards, pledge

Anonymous 20 Mar 2012

Trazodone is not known as a drug where one gains weight. In clinical studies, 5.7% of users reported weight as a loss. Not a gain.

bumblebee90 20 Mar 2012

Good afternoon Pledge. Just made pancakes for brunch. Saved you one. I make the best. And a cup of coffee or tea? Have a great afternoon. I'm going to keep enjoying this weather while I can. It sure is nice. Take care then. Ruth :)

Hi ebeny,

I myself have no side effects with Trazodone.
Hope your'e the same.

Smileyhappy

I take Trazodone for sleep... and it works well for that. I have had headaches with it but that is about the only side effect I have had. This is one pill that I have not had much problems with. Hope you won't having any lasting problems either. There are so few medications out there that don't have awhole lot of side effects. Good Luck.

Franklin - Did you get my note back today? Somehow it is not posting. I tried sending you a private question but it says that you are not available for private questions...

Cloak291 20 Mar 2012

I think you have to add me as a friend before I can send you a question. That is what I did with you.

franklin8905 21 Mar 2012

Cloak291 - try it now.

I have been taking Trazodone since september 2011 but am now getting weaned off of it because of starting Cymbalta. At first I would get the stuffy nose and a heavy headed feeling but those went away with time. I did gain about 20lbs but I also have hypothyroidism so that could be why I gained it so easily. My hypothyroidism is controlled with meds but it could still be a factor in the weight gain... though my Dr. (not the one who prescribed it) told me that Trazadone can cause weight gain.

lilspeach1 8 Sep 2014

Good luck!! I was on cymbalta for several years, and had to stop taking it due to other health conditions. I got a new doc. and they begged me to start cymbalta again. I began a months regimen. Only to find that it made me so sick I could barely get out of bed!! That is when I began taking trazadone. It was the answer for me! I started at a pretty high dosage of 400mg a night, after a while I have reduced my dose to 150mg a night. Initially I was drowsy and heavy headed with a few headaches. I have recently lost 90lbs due to bilinary dyskinesia and have not had any problems keeping the weight off. I hope this helps someone!!

Trazadone has minimal side effects, in my experience. One that I couldn't handle, though, was the "Trazadone Hangover." Meaning that the following morning, I felt like I had tied one on the night before. I suffer from insomnia as well as fibro. My psychiatrist has me trying a somewhat new anti-psychotic for sleep. It's called Saphris. I am taking 5 mgs. It's sublingual. My doctor said to place the tablet in my cheek. I tried it last night got the first time. It worked! Also, I play relaxation music to sleep by.

Anonymous

Hello Fellow members: I'm Abby,

I have a long medical history... I can't get into it right now. I'm looking into finding a new drug that treats either anxiety or depression. I'm more looking for something that helps for the anxiety I am currently on Atian, Risperdal, Lamitcal... they all help it's the fact is it seems to me should be another medication, what I should be aware of?

Thank you for the advance.
-Abby

The benefits are far greater then the risk of say weight gain. I do believe that the patient who gained 20lbs was correct when she attributed it to her thyroid condition. And to the last post ask your provider about Clonapin. Similar to Xanax but you don't get that intense high and then it wears off. This just "chills" you out as my 14yr old daughter explains to me. If I take 1 then I can sleep for 12 hrs straight. Hope some of this helps.

Hey there Ebeny.
I did a little research on Trazadone. The only side effects that you mentioned are headaches. Weight gain and water retention weren't mentioned as a side effect.
I take it and I haven't had any problems at all, but that doesn't mean you won't. Check with your health care professional to see if it's the right med for you.
May you have Faith. Hope and Love,
Anna