Is tramadol an opioid?

Tramadol hydrochloride is a prescription pain medication. It is licensed for the treatment of moderate to moderately severe pain in adults. Even though tramadol is an opioid (morphine-like) medication, it is not considered a narcotic or a controlled substance by the United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

Take care, best wishes!

Hi, Rajive has already given you the correct description, i just wanted to add that it is a synthetic opiate, it becomes opiate like when it mixes with the bodies chemistry. Someone told me this once and it helped me to understand a bit better : )

balbanese 29 May 2012

Delia, did you see my comment to you? I can't PM you yet. That comment was not directed at you. There was a conflict with another poster and I should have handled it with a private message. My bad. Sorry for the misunderstanding to you & anyone else who took this the wrong way. Very sorry, please forgive me.

Delila 30 May 2012

Yes I did. Thank you, apology accepted : )

Anonymous

I totally agree with the others answers, but am giving you a link to read about tramadol. It will help you understand it's addictive qualities also. Hope this helps too... Mary
http://www.drugs.com/tramadol.html

Anonymous 12 Jun 2012

It is a synthetic opioid. Mary is right, very addictive and dangerous, especially if stopped cold turkey or abused, siezures are a possibility.
Beware.

No. It's a synthetic (whatever that means). Hope this helps.

Anonymous 12 Jun 2012

Synthetic means it was made in a lab, & not taken from a plant base like many are... Mary

balbanese 12 Jun 2012

I knew that! :)

Will this medication show positive on a 7 panel drug screen?

Delila 8 Jun 2013

I'm sorry, i'm not sure how the 7 panel drug screen is conducted, it will show up in a urine test though.