What can I take in the place of meloxicam?

It depends why you want to replace it. If its just cost or something, ibuprofen and aleve are both OTC NSAIDS. If its because meloxicam upsets your stomach, then that limits what you can use. All NSAIDS do that.

Meloxicam is a prescription NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug). Aleve (Naproxen), Advil (Ibuprofen) are over the counter NSAIDs. These all are in the same class of drug. I am currently on Meloxicam andit does upset my stomach sometimes.. Always be sure to eat something prior to taking it. Remember that your doctor has prescribed Meloxicam for a reason and if you are having issues with it please speak to your doctor first before stopping it. He/She may recommend that you take Advil or Aleve instead. I do not recommend stopping any medication that your doctor has prescribed without consulting your doctor first. Best of luck to you!

veronicag 18 Sep 2013

Tried to call doctor, no answer, prescription ended and no refills, just wanted to know my options.

chrissy12 18 Sep 2013

As you have no refills on your script then you certainly may take Advil or Aleve in it's place. Hopefully you will be able to get a refill soon. Crossing my fingers for you!