Is there any otc medication w/ hydroxyzine?

Its a prescription med so there wouldn't be any otc meds with it in.

There's an OTC antihistamine that is in the same family as hydroxyzine, it's called meclizine and it's in the "non-drowsy" formulation of Dramimine. I've used it as an antihistamine and it works nearly as well as hydroxyzine.

proudmommy88 16 Jan 2014

Is it a motion sickness med?

Yes, hydroxyzine is by Rx only. What do you take it for? There may be OTC's that may work as well but not OTCs with hydroxyzine. Hydroxyzine is an antihistamine so another antihistamine may work comparably.

Are you taking the hydroxyzine for the antihistamine or for anxiety?
If for the antihistamine then there are other otc's you can get including some fairly inexpensive generic ones.
If it is for anxiety then the others don't work as well for that and I don't know of any otc's that work for anxiety other than L-theanine which can be bought at health food stores and be cautious with that to make sure it doesn't conflict with any prescription meds.

That is the equivalent of vistaril which is an antihistamine
You might find relief with benadryl another antihistamine or dramamine which is used for motion sickness

Both of these over the counter Meds can make you sleepy so please do not drive until you know how they affect you
be safe and feel better
D