Is nausea and vomiting common when taking flagyl?

Anonymous

No, nausea and vomiting are considered serious side effects and you must contact your Dr. asap.-

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/flagyl-side-effects.html

Get well soon,

maso.-

Anonymous

Yes, those are both considered to be the side effects most likely for you to have while on it. Some drs make a person take several flagyl pills at one time, this really will cause nausea and vomiting as will drinking ANY alcohol just before the course of treatment and after the course. It treats a few conditions, amoebic dysentery, bacterial vaginosis, certain gum problems, diverticulitis and trichomonas, to name a few. Trich and amoebas are both protozoans. Flagyl is the first line treatment for them. Also, in women, a yeast infection can occur, so ask for a couple of diflucan tablets, one to be taken mid course, one afterwards. You might ask if there is another antibiotic you can take or if you are on more than one tablet per day, if you can take less per day, but you might have to stay on it a bit more. Just thinking about taking it makes me feel sick, ugh! It does work though. Patti