Flagyl IV RTU - Can I take metronidazole after expiration date?

Usually it is not recommended to take the med after its expiry date.

Prescriptions like flagle or its generic form the expiration is a shelf life for the product; meaning that it loses its potency, and is weakened. If you supposed to take 2/day... you may end up doubling dosing to get the same effects... this is heavily feared by the medical community because you can overdose. Or you even miss-diagnosed.

My rule of thumb if it's more than 5 months expired... it's not worth the risk but within that period you should be safe. My script was 2/day. I made it 3/day... around mealtimes, to take of nausea from the drug potency. And it zapped my oncoming nasal infect till I got to a doctor.

Hope I helped, peace.