Can I take minocycline for an abcess tooth?

Anonymous

Hello kim108. I would say yes you can. Regards pledge

kim108 23 Sep 2012

Thanx pledge

Indeed you can, but since you don't state your age, I'll warn you that it is a version of tetracycline which can cause permanent discoloration of incoming adult teeth. It is also not a good antibiotic to take if you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
Lisa

kim108 23 Sep 2012

I'm 44 Lisa and in the process of gettting dentures but have to find oral surgeon now cuz my dentist office doesn't do surgery in hospital and that's where I have to have my teeth pulled cuz of heart condition so now another tooth broke and now it infected..thank you for ur answer

Lisa01 23 Sep 2012

I understand completely. I went through that process a couple years ago myself. After it's all said and done you'll be so happy you did it, you'll forget about what a pain in the keyster it was to get done! Best of luck to you!
Lisa