Metronidazole - Is this an over the counter treatment or do I need a prescription from my doctor?

Metronidazole (Flagyl, MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroGel-Vaginal, MetroLotion, Noritate, Vandazole) is a prescription antibiotic approved to treat a variety of different infections. It comes in several different forms, such as tablets, skin creams and lotions, or vaginal cream. The medication is especially useful for infections caused by parasites and anaerobic bacteria.

hi,metrogel1%and 2% solutions,does require a prescription.it is the #1 cream used to treat roseacea along with a wide variety of skin problems.try your regular doctor first they may prescrib it. if not see a qualified skin doctor.once you have a prescription most doctors will call in a prescription for you.smoking and drink alcohol can cause systems to return.hope this helps.subzero58