Is toradol addictive?

Its has not been documented to be addictive, Toradol is in a group of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.

Toradol is used short-term (5 days or less) to treat moderate to severe pain, usually after surgery. It is used alone or in combination with other medicines.

However, please seek more information from the doc/pharmacist who prescribed the med, take care, be well & safe!

Anonymous 15 Feb 2012

It may be classified by the chemical type of the active ingredient or by the way it is used to treat a particular condition. Each drug can be classified into one or more e drug classes.

All nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs) differ in structure but they all have similar antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.

NSAIDs work by blocking the cyclo-oxygenase (COX) enzyme, so inhibit production of prostaglandins and thromboxanes, which are produced as part of the inflammatory response.

Hi aaronxdiver, From everything I've read, it is not addictive... but you should not have been on it for more than a week. It can cause stomach ulcers and bleeding, and it can also increase your risk of a heart attack or stroke. I would suggest getting off this medication as soon as possible. There must be something else your doctor should be willing to give you for pain, even if it's just a plain old Vicodin! Good Luck

Its has not been documented to be addictive, Toradol is in a group of drugs thats name nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It works by decreased hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.