Is penicillin good for pain when you have a tooth ache?

It is good for taking the infection away which is causing the pain. It takes a few days to work.

penicillin is good if you have an abcesses or swollen tissue from an infection although it will take a day or so to work it may stop the pain for a day or up to a week, but unless you take care of the problem with the tooth like have it removed or a root canal and a crown put on the tooth, the problem will keep occuring sometimes each time worst than the first.

penicillin is an antibiotic and is not a pain killer. I dont think that it would be helpful for you

as u have read in other answers penisil is a antibiotic, however if a tooth giving u pain and a dentist looks at it and sayes tbe tooth is infected they prescrib it to kill the infection so your tooth can b removed safely. root canal is a temporary fix. the tooth usually dies in the long run. when the swelling goes down have it pulled or filed down and capped. one thing to remember, when u take stay out of direct sunlight and woman on birthcontrol it can caues it to stop working.