Is penicillin good for pain when you have a tooth ache?

penicillin is an antibiotic and is not a pain killer. I dont think that it would be helpful for you

as u have read in other answers penisil is a antibiotic, however if a tooth giving u pain and a dentist looks at it and sayes tbe tooth is infected they prescrib it to kill the infection so your tooth can b removed safely. root canal is a temporary fix. the tooth usually dies in the long run. when the swelling goes down have it pulled or filed down and capped. one thing to remember, when u take stay out of direct sunlight and woman on birthcontrol it can caues it to stop working.

It is good for taking the infection away which is causing the pain. It takes a few days to work.

penicillin is good if you have an abcesses or swollen tissue from an infection although it will take a day or so to work it may stop the pain for a day or up to a week, but unless you take care of the problem with the tooth like have it removed or a root canal and a crown put on the tooth, the problem will keep occuring sometimes each time worst than the first.