Is Cymbalta a sulfa drug?

Cymbalta is a prescription antidepressant drug with the scientific name of duloxetine hydrochloride. The active ingredient in the drug consists of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, sulfur, nirogen and chloride atoms, according to RxList.

Take care, best wishes!

Cymbalta is not considered a sulfa drug. The sulfa drugs are actually what are called sulfonamides and are not the same as the sulfates or sulfites. To read more about sulfonamides and to see a list of medications that fall into this category go to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfonamide_(medicine)#List_of_sulfonamides