If Tramadol is expired 2008 is it safe to take them?

Anonymous

No they are not.

I suggest you take them to your local pharmacy so they can dispose of them safely.-

Take care,

maso

The Tramadol should have an expirery date on the box, usually found on the back. I want to make it clear that the expirery date doesn't always mean the medication is no longer safe or useful. The expirery date on most medications is only a guarantee for the medications effectiveness. This means if a medication expired 1 year ago it would still have some effect but maybe not the full desired effect that the manufacturer guarantees for the medication within it's best before date. The expirery date only exists on medication because the organization that regulates such substances in your country decided it should be a requirement. Some medications if stored right can still have a full effect 10 years after its expirery date. The point I'm trying to make is that medication isn't like milk. It won't go sour and unhealthy to ingest after leaving it for a few weeks. This isn't the case in all medications though, it strongly depends on the ingredients.

Unfilled Void 3 Sep 2011

I see no valid reason to why my post was given a vote down. Before voting down a post you could at least prove what I have posted is incorrect. The information is posted is valid, infact there have been published papers on the subject from qualified and respected chemists. If the vote down happens to be from the person who answered after me then you must have been refering to my post when you said "somebody else is saying its ok to take them". If you read my post in full then you would see that I specifically stated that I personally would not condone nor recommend ingesting expired medication. It's actually amusing that someone would vote down a post for giving all of the information regarding the subject instead of sugar coating it and giving a straight yes or no response.

Anonymous

Seriously??? U want to know if u can take expired medicine? And somebody else is saying its ok to take them?