Is Tramadol HCI 50mg alright to take if it's expired ?

Hi, no you should not take any meds that's expired, some meds can contain bacteria after they expire but most of them lose there effectiveness! Hope this helps

Hi, i agree, they could make you ill, but more likely just won't 'work' as intended. Best not to take the risk : )

Hi Kiene - You didn't mention by how much time it was expired or how it was being stored??? All of that matters as to the efficacy of any med - expired or not. You can surely ruin ANY med if it isn't stored properly... But my doctor told me that you can take meds, which have expired as long as they were stored properly and some even refrigerated to help beyond the expiration date. Now, if it is one year old or older - get rid of it. All medicines have a shelf life... every packaged med you get has a stamped expiration date on it these days. All prescription medication is assumed good for one year if stored away from heat, sunlight and moisture.

Mary

Kiene 22 Aug 2012

Thank you so very much for the info. You seem to know what you're talking about. Because I talked to aour pharmacist on Monday & she told me the same thing that you did. Also I had them stored in a ziplock baggie in the bathroon closet (which stays the same temp all year round give or take a couple of degrees) and they are out dated by less then a year (year in Oct). So Thanks again for the heads up.

Kiene

HeadStarter 23 Aug 2012

I am glad I could help you. I will say that I do not keep any meds in the bathroom. Moisture and humidity tend to run higher there. Ziplock bags or not... just not a good place to store anything. When I was on a lot of meds at one point... I kept them in a metal tool box with a padlock on it and in my bedroom. Just saying... my thyroid medications is compounded at it stays in the frig. Most of our meds we actually keep in the kitchen cabinets

Mary