How many lantus solostar pens\would you needfor a months supply taking 110 units a day?

Do solostar pens come prefilled with the lantus in it? if it does how much does each one come prefilled with? does it come filled with 110 units or less per pen? or do you use a bottle that you have to pull the lantus out of?

Quah 20 Jun 2011

I see no one has answered this for you in 9 months. I am starting on Lantus Pen today. I called the drugstore to ask the same question... I'm starting on wht apparently is a low dose... 15 units... and see where we go from there. No one, not even my doctor's nurse, can answer this question. I guess I'll just learn as I go along.

Good luck... I'm guessing you already have an answer to your question by now?

bdiveley 1 Dec 2012

According to the box:
100 units/mL
5 3mL pens
300 units per pen
1500 units per box

The Lantus SoloStar pens are prefilled, so no drawing from a vial.

bdiveley 1 Dec 2012

Also, the pen will only allow you to inject 80 units at a time. 110 units seems extreme.

jcolson 6 Jun 2015

I know about 30 people that are using lantus and none of them are using anywhere close to to a 100 units a day. Most of the people I know are using around 20 to 28 units a day