How long does pain last after having neulasta injection after chemo treatment for breast cancer?

It has been observed that breast cancer patients taking chemo & Neulasta suffer from bone pain. This is induced by Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) and the pain generally peaks around 3 days after the injection.

Naproxen (500mg, twice daily) has been successful in reducing the severity of the bone pain. Generally taken on 2,3,5 days of the chemotherapy cycle, this helps to improve the quality of life and reduce the suffering.

Please consult your doctor before taking any medicine.

Anonymous 23 Oct 2013

Really? The bone pain really peaks three days after the injection? I don't think so. I received six Neulasta injections following chemo for the treatment of lymphoma. The bone pain peaked about a week after each injection and remained at a high level for a week thereafter, for a total period of misery of two weeks. Othrrs have experienced the same thing. Oncologists appear unwilling to accept this fact, and thus. appear unwilling to prescribe appropriate pain relief. Some appear to suspend chemo if the patient persists with complaints of severe bone pain after receiving Neulasta injections.