How long does nucynta stay in your system, and how does it show up on a drug screen?

Nucynta (tapentadol) has an average elimination half life of approximately 4 hours.

It takes 5.5 x elimination half life's for a drug to be out of ones system, therefore it'll be in your system for at least 22 hours (5.5 x 4 hours). Since the elimination half life is an average value it is likely that it'll stay in some people's system for longer than that.

http://www.drugs.com/pro/nucynta.html

It would show up in a urine screening as an opiate. If you have to take a drug test for work you should let them know your are on prescription pain medication.