will celexa show up on a lab test if so what would it be(the medical name)
will it also mess up a cup drug test. If you can give me any other info on this medicine. Thank You
8 Feb 2010
Firstly, the drug name of celexa is citalopram. Secondly, if your doctor has prescribed these for you then it will not matter if they show up in a drug test as you are taking them legitimately.
Thirdly, it is difficult to predict how long Celexa stays in your system.
It is dependant on many factors e.g.
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
Citalopram has a long half life of around 35 hours meaning it takes 35 hours for the body to clear 50% of the drug from your system. If you take the above factors into account it will take at least 7 days to clear the system.
These sites may be of help to you.
- Celexa Information for Consumers
- Celexa Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Celexa (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
I recently stopped taking Celexa, & have been feeling dizzy for at least a week. Is this a side effect of stopping Celexa & how long will it ...
4 answers • 21 Feb 2011
Has anyone here transitioned from an SSRI like Celexa to Nortriptyline? I've only been on Celexa... (20mg) for 3 months, but my doc has now ...
3 answers • 6 Aug 2011
Stopped taking about a week ago, due to depression, and plan to go back on Celexa (anti-depressant), but need to know how long it takes for Belviq to ...
3 answers • 22 Aug 2014
Taking 40 mg once a day.. IS ABILIFY AND CELEXA THE SAME ?
2 answers • 3 Oct 2014