will celexa show up on a lab test if so what would it be(the medical name)
will it also mess up a cup drug test. If you can give me any other info on this medicine. Thank You
8 Feb 2010
Firstly, the drug name of celexa is citalopram. Secondly, if your doctor has prescribed these for you then it will not matter if they show up in a drug test as you are taking them legitimately.
Thirdly, it is difficult to predict how long Celexa stays in your system.
It is dependant on many factors e.g.
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
Citalopram has a long half life of around 35 hours meaning it takes 35 hours for the body to clear 50% of the drug from your system. If you take the above factors into account it will take at least 7 days to clear the system.
These sites may be of help to you.
- Celexa Information for Consumers
- Celexa Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Celexa (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Has anyone here transitioned from an SSRI like Celexa to Nortriptyline? I've only been on Celexa... (20mg) for 3 months, but my doc has now ...
3 answers • 6 Aug 2011
I want to discontinue celexa. I am taking 10 mg daily. I have begun taking them every other day. I want to stop all together. My Dr prescribed this ...
1 answer • 26 Jun 2013
Hi, I recently started 10mg of Celexa for anxiety and depression. I have been taking it for almost two weeks and it seems I'm feeling worse. ...
2 answers • 27 Aug 2015