How is Atenolol superior to Metoprolol?

Atenolol and Metoprolol are both beta blockers.
Beta blockers are in general equally effective but there are differences in them which may affect choice in treating particular diseases or patients.
There are 2 main differences between Atenolol and Metoprolol:
1. Atenolol is water soluble. Metoprolol is lipid soluble so is more likely to produce sleep disturbances and nightmares because it can cross the blood brain barrier.
2. Atenolol has a longer half life and can be taken once a day while Metoprolol needs to be taken twice daily.

shellyreinke123 24 Apr 2013

i take metoprolol it is 50 mg but i only take 25mgs but it is makeing me fell week is there any thing i can do i also take tromadol is there a side afect with takeing them both