My dog weighs 60 pounds how much benadryl can I give her?

This question has also been asked and answered here:
How much benadryl can I give my dog?

Hello AMWarhurst. I'd not give any Benadryl to a dog. Best of my knowledge its not meant for our canine friends. Why are you thinking of doing so? Best of wishes, pledge

Anonymous 29 Jul 2012

It is ok for dogs to take benadryl safely as long as the dose is correct for the pounds. My bicho who weighs 29 pounds is allowed 25mg twice a day or every 12 hours for allergies... Mary

Anonymous 29 Jul 2012

That was Bichon Frise!

Perhaps your question would be better answered at vetinfo.com. They have an area where you can post a question to a vet 24/7.
Lisa

Anonymous

Your dog should be safely taking one 25mg pill. Is this for itching or alleriges...

AMWarhurst 29 Jul 2012

Yes it is

Agreed Mary. Benadryl is what our vet suggested to have on hand if my dogs were ever stung by anything.

kaismama 29 Jul 2012

Lets end the bickering, Both Mary and I have raised dogs and asked our vets what to give them, but here's the link to vetinfo that tells you about the 4 meds you give to dogs, benadryl being one of them. www.vetinfo.com/allergy-medicine-prescriptions.html