Does tramadol cause weight gain?

Not that I'm aware of but if you're taking it for pain then you might not be as active as you usually are. Have you gotten out for a couple of walks a day. Once in the morning and again after supper minimum. This will help keep you in shape and it also helps the painkillers to work better... Dave

bido 14 Apr 2010

I was just wondering b/c I have gained 5 lbs in one week... it is most likely due to water retention but it is unusual. The only thing I could think of was the Tramadol and the Flexeril... they are new to my system. Have not added calories.

mpvt 14 Apr 2010

pain killers tend to slow us down physically, which could be the cause of some weight gain but 5 lbs in a week does sound high and it could be some water retention... Dave