Does the antibiotic Macrobid cause yeast infections?

It is unlikely to. Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) is an antibacterial agent specific for urinary tract infections.

It is not a broad spectrum antibiotic so is unlikely to cause a yeast infection.
You should see your doctor or pharmacist if you suspect you have a yeast infection.
See: http://www.drugs.com/enc/vaginal-yeast-infection.html

Although the information available about Macrobid states that it is unlikely to cause a yeast infection, I did get one while using it for a UTI. So, in the future, if I'm ever prescribed Macrobid again, I WILL be asking for a Diflucan to go with it. Hope this helps!