Does oxycontin and oxycodone show up the same on a urine analysis?

Hey thurough,

Yes, Oxycontin and oxycodone will show up the same on a urine analysis because Oxycontin is oxycodone. Oxycontin is the brand name while oxycodone is the generic name for the same medicine.

Laurie

Anonymous 18 Sep 2011

Laurie, isn't oxycontin time releaed & oxycodone not? That would be the only difference I could find. Mary

LaurieShay 18 Sep 2011

Yes, if you have the brand then it is the time release formula, if you have the generic it is not. As far as the UA, the same active ingredient though.