Does nuvaring still prevent pregnancy if a man cums inside of you?

Even though you may have used it, you aren't entirely protected depending on how dialated your cervix was (how pushed back it was) can effect it. If the NuvaRing came out or you took it out during intercourse then put it back in and felt period symptoms, then you're in danger of being pregnant. I'd talk to your Gyn on your next check up or order of NuvaRing.

Yes, NuvaRing should prevent pregnancy even if you don't use any other precautions.

How should I use NuvaRing?

Use NuvaRing exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not use the medication in larger amounts, or use it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.

NuvaRing comes with patient instructions for safe and effective use. Follow these directions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.

Your doctor will tell which day of your menstrual cycle to insert the first vaginal ring you use. During the first 7 days of using your first vaginal ring, you may need to use back-up birth control, such as condoms or a spermicide. Follow your doctor's instructions.

peekapoolove 22 Oct 2009

thank you so much for getting back so quickly... but would it increase the chances of me getting pregnant? or is it just not likely?

Marvell 22 Oct 2009

If you have used the Nuva Ring probably then no you shouldn't become pregnant.

Marvell 22 Oct 2009

Sorry, that was meant to be "if you have used the Nuva Ring properly ... "

tymichelle 30 May 2012

What if I had unprotected sex the Saturday before I put the nuva ring back in? Is there still a possibility of pregnancy?

reanne_denise 13 May 2014

I have a question. So, I've been on the Mirena birth control until Friday (May 9th 2014) and I had it taken out by my OBG and she suggest to have me on Nuvaring. So I ended up using that. Today, my boyfriend and I had sex and he accidentally came in me. I was just wondering with my period being irregular and being on the Mirena and then switching to Nuvaring, could I get pregnant? Because I'm slightly worried. I know washing out or douching isn't going to help but I did it anyway...