Do xanax and klonopin show differently in urine tests?

Hello cheskahenry. No. They will both show up the same, as a benzodiazepine. Best of wishes,pledge

Anonymous

I must agree with my friend Pledge.

Take care,

maso.-

Hi. I have to strongly disagree with the last two answers. I'm saying because I can back it up with being someone who has taken hundreds of urines myself. Plus I also administered thousands of urines while I worked at a sober house.

The simple answer would be "yes". Unfortunately its not that simple. Many many many of the urines I administered came back negative for benzos when the person only took klonopin or in generic called clonazepam. Xanax or the generic called alprazolam however shows up every time. The company which I'm not going to mention their name (it wouldn't be appropriate) we used was a state of the art, high tech lab able to do forensic testing and they just didn't test for klonopin (clonazepam) like some other labs test for it.

mhelcl 12 May 2013

In summary, there are test that can easily distinguish between the two if they are aiming to do so, however, your particular lab might not be trying to distinguish between the two. Either way, do not risk it, unless you want to find out the hard way.