29 Sep 2010
* Dihydrocodeine is used to treat moderate to severe pain.
* Drowsiness, nausea and constipation are the most common side effects.
* Make sure that reactions are normal before driving, operating machinery or doing any other jobs which could be dangerous if you were not fully alert or feel dizzy.
Type of medicine: Analgesic
Used for: Moderate to severe pain
Hydrocodone is an opioid (morphine-like) medication. It is an active ingredient in several hundred different prescription drugs. In these medications, hydrocodone is always combined with at least one other active ingredient (most often acetaminophen); hydrocodone is not available by itself. Although most often used for pain relief, hydrocodone is also used as a cough suppressant.
The medication is a narcotic and is a "controlled substance" in the United States.
Hope the info helped? Take care.
- Hydrocodone Information for Consumers
- Hydrocodone Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Hydrocodone (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
what is the difference between hydrocodone/acetaminophen(wts) and hydrocodone/acetaminophen(mkr) and where can i find a listing of medications with ...
2 answers • 27 Aug 2009
0 answers • 2 Oct 2009
1 answer • 19 Jan 2010
i need to find out the difference between hydrocodone-acetaminophen 7.5-500 and loritabs 7.5 can you please help
4 answers • 23 Mar 2013