Clonazepam - What would make Klonopin not show up on a drug screen?

Klonopin is a very very very long acting drug that will stay in your system fo a long time. The only thing that will cover it up is just not taking the drug. Bring your doctors script in, and you should be in the clear.

harvey111604 15 Mar 2011

I have been on klonopin for at least 6 months along with 8 other medicines and I took 2 mg klonopin 4 times and everyday I always made sure that was in my med tray then starting in Dec. it stopped showing up in my urine test every month so my doctor had to take me off of it and I need this Medicine. I took this medicine religiously if if I took nothing else I swear.

jk13 15 Mar 2011

Odd... the only thing that I can think of is if you have any sort of problems with either your liver or kidneys. Not a pleasant thought, but the only thing that I can think of.

Mine did not show up when I took it and had a test to work at the hospital. I told them I was on it for sleep, but it does not stay in your system for a long time, and I drink a lot of water, so had to re-test the next day and not drink any water.

This question has baffled me all day. My drs office is kicking me out of the practice because my drug screen did not show the klonopin I take religiously. 5 mg a day. This makes the 3rd test from different doctors that did not show the klonopin in my system. I just don't understand how this can happen. I take my meds as prescribed. Why isn't it showing up. Really upset by this. I really like my doctor and don't want to switch. So if anyone knows how this could happen please tell me. I have to prove to my doctor his test was wrong. Help please. I swear on my sisters grave I take my meds correctly if I didn't I would have major anxiety and panic attacks. I'm at a total loss. Other than I see this is a very common problem with this drug. :(

Dumpster Diver 15 May 2013

Wow, all these questions about Klonopin not showing up in urine tests are
baffeling and weird..From my experience Klonopin is a long acting benzo
and stays in your body upwards of a month ot two from long term, steady use..
??What is UP?``DD``.

Jlundy 15 May 2013

Actually guys I have found the answer. The urine test I had on 3-26 after the doctor calling the lab did show a very small amount I the drug in my system. 7 metabolizes. Which is very small. The doctor said klonopin is excreted from your liver extremely quick. Which is why it won't show up on urine tests. Now I also called the manufacture of the drug and they said only 2% of unchanged meds are excreted through your urine. Which I a very very small amount. So unless you take like 2mg 2 hours before your drug urine test it won't show up. Glad I finally found some answers. Now if I can only get the office manager to listen to me maybe I won't get kicked out of the practice. So if this happens to you the dr needs to call the lab an get answers. Instead of jumping to conclusions and flagging you as a drug dealer. Hope this helps someone.